Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
ShinigamiGuy

Question Amnesia has become unplayable

I've had Amnesia for a while (almost a year actually), and when I bought it I was able to play it on medium/high settings perfectly. So I decided to come back to it after a month of inactivity and when I launch the game, it has a horrible lag that makes gameplay impossible. Even on the lowest settings, I can barely navigate the menu. I don't know what happened to the game, but I'd really like to get back to playing it. I recently downloaded custom stories so I don't know if that has anything to do. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I've always had SSAO on the lowest settings and it still worked flawlessly, so it's not that.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
4GB RAM
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor
Old 03-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
ShinigamiGuy

Wow, found the control panel and the settings were ridiculously high. I don't remember ever changing them Anyway, lowered some stuff here and there and now the game runs perfectly again. Thanks for the reply
ShinigamiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Amnesia: The Dark Descent