Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series

Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Point Man

Revoke Crysis 1 DRM Activation

Is there any way to manually or any way in general to remove the DRM activation from the first Crysis?

I've tried the .exe and writing /revoke at the end and nothing happened.

Thanks a lot for any help .
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
Guhn.E

Quick search says "no"
Guhn.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Man View Post
Is there any way to manually or any way in general to remove the DRM activation from the first Crysis?

I've tried the .exe and writing /revoke at the end and nothing happened.

Thanks a lot for any help .
I can confirm with absolute certainty, there is no way revoke the Steam version of Crysis1, so proceed carefully. If you exceed the 5 install limit your only option is to contact EA and ask them to extended your limit, which they are likely to do.

Just a few days ago I had to contact EA and have them extend my limit. They responded within 6 hours and problem was solved. I have had my copy of Crysis1 for several years, so I am sure their Key Database shows each time it was activated. If gamer had 5 activations in a very short period of time (ie days\weeks), then EA might be less willing to hand out more limits if its clear that the its being installed on too many completely different systems. In my case it was clear it was the same system each time.

Overall, having no revoke tool is complete BS. I am not a basher of DRM technologies, but in this case they F'ed up and made some bad DRM decisions. They learned from it and its the only game CryTek game released without a revoke tool.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
kn00tcn

shouldnt this apply to other securom games on steam? does uninstalling (from steam) revoke?

or maybe you can find out what the retail/origin/etc uninstaller does & do the same thing
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
nrnoble

Each game is different because when the build Securom into the game, each developer can apply it differently

uninstalling doesn't revoke Securom for Crysis1. Other games may revoke when uninstalled, but I don't think so. With Securom, they designed to make it hard to hack, and therefore they limit the footprint for attacks.

To be clear, a person has unlimited install on the same system, its only increments the install limit when installed on another system, but the problem is, even slight changes to one system makes it look likes its another system, thus increments the limit, which is what happened to me. I upgraded my video card, then upgraded my ram. Both trigged a increment even though it was on the same system, and I only installed the game one time, not 5.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
spyrochaete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn00tcn View Post
shouldnt this apply to other securom games on steam? does uninstalling (from steam) revoke?
Almost never. You will have to jump through whatever hoops the greedy publisher/developer imposes on you to make sure you can continue to use your legal purchase. It's generally a wiser investment to ignore games with DRM and buy from publishers that treat its customers with respect.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crysis series