Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights

Old 02-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Vlad ze Impaler

Regarding the SPUF Guild ...

I'm thinking about dissolving it.

I was talking in-game with Thorkell today and realized that we may as well. I did an activity purge, removing anyone who hasn't logged in since January 1, 2012, and discovered we have 18 members left ... about 10 of which logged in within the past month. The guild is pretty much dead, and if it weren't for the new mission system we'd be there already.

We were thinking that I'd dissolve the guild (technically the guild would still exist since Nerfed, the original founder, can't be removed by anyone except herself) and start a new one called "Steam Knights" or something like that. Essentially we retain the core group of people (and recognize our origins) but get away from that highly focused tag of "Steam User Forums". This would allow us to recruit outside SPUF and open up the doors to more people.

I'd pay for the cost of the new guild (500 energy I believe) although I'd gladly take small CE donations to help defray the cost. It'd be pretty much the same guild as before but with a new focus.

The reason I bring this is up is because the guild has always been pretty open on how it does things. I didn't want to dissolve it out of nowhere although I don't think many people would terribly care.

So, would there be any interest in our veterans? Any new people to SK here that would be interested? Have questions, comments, or concerns? Post them here.

Almost forgot: there is one caveat. I have no clue how interested I'll remain once I complete the mission system (I'm halfway done and only running on mist energy). Not sure if other vets would jump ship once they're done or get bored. Again, discuss!

(Don't worry, I'll give advance warning before dissolving the current guild).
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
KamiofLunacy

Couple things:

1) I think there might already be a guild similar to Steam Knights (if not called exactly that). You might want to poke around a bunch and see if I'm correct or not.

2) Even though I'm no longer a part of the SPUF Guild, I'd gladly donate 135 CE to forming a new guild for y'all. I myself wouldn't particularly want to be part of this guild, but I feel somewhat obligated to give other players the same environment I had when I first started the game.
KamiofLunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
ZPE

I've only seen you and Thorkell online (I'm on around 12-3am GMT so maybe that's why) but the missions haven't begged for any sort of help like the boss or Basil runs we used to do.

I'm in a similar situation to you, I'm still seeing if the missions hold my interest. I'm not really that fond of the prestige system so that's a motivating factor for me so the appeal will probably wear away.

You're right though, I wouldn't care much if the guild was dissolved, it was dead sometime after the first elevator passes were out and the CE prices shot up iirc.

I'm not ruling out my interest but I'll keep an eye out for anything you do. I'm on the fence with regards to playing the game regularly in a month's time, don't think that'll happen in all honesty.
ZPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
skiddlywibble

I've stopped playing SK, so it's no skin off my nose. It was fun while it lasted, though, so thanks for that.
skiddlywibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Vlad ze Impaler

It seems as if I'm not going to do anything. No point in wasting CE just to essentially rename a dead guild and I can't blame people for not wanting to make the commitment. It seems we're all thinking the same thing: how long will this mission system keep us playing? Because quite frankly, there is really nothing new in terms of content. The daily mission won't do it and even if I decided to log in every day to do it, that's maybe 20 minutes tops. EDIT - Interesting fact: If you complete a daily prestige mission and then rank up, the missions sometimes reset completion because it changes slightly depending on your rank.

So it seems business as usual for now. Thanks for the feedback, but yeah, the guild's primary purpose was served a long time ago. It did a great job getting us through the game until we all got bored.

Spiral Knights, in theory, is a great game. There's just not enough content to keep people around long-term.

Last edited by Vlad ze Impaler: 02-26-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Vlad ze Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Doc22k

Well i'm back for now my old computer fried on me so kinda couldn't play.... Is the arcade still endless or has that been fixed?
Doc22k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Vlad ze Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc22k View Post
Well i'm back for now my old computer fried on me so kinda couldn't play.... Is the arcade still endless or has that been fixed?
Welcome back to Spiral Knights but I don't get what you're asking. The Arcade is technically supposed to be endless.

In other Guild news I've removed more dead weight leaving us with a grand total of twelve (12) members, although it's more like eight if you really want to be specific. Additionally, ZPTE has been promoted to the rank of "Officer" because why the hell not?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
lordofterror

well i checked in and played a few missions but ya the guild is pretty much dead , i mean we have to face it , the game although is awesome , some of its features turns off new players like the energy limits and the terrible lag, i will be sad to see the spuf dissolve had some good moments in the guild.........
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
ZPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad ze Impaler View Post
Welcome back to Spiral Knights but I don't get what you're asking. The Arcade is technically supposed to be endless.

In other Guild news I've removed more dead weight leaving us with a grand total of twelve (12) members, although it's more like eight if you really want to be specific. Additionally, ZPTE has been promoted to the rank of "Officer" because why the hell not?
Lol, better late than never. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofterror View Post
well i checked in and played a few missions but ya the guild is pretty much dead , i mean we have to face it , the game although is awesome , some of its features turns off new players like the energy limits and the terrible lag, i will be sad to see the spuf dissolve had some good moments in the guild.........
Yeah, in the words of the Heavy, "good times". 8)
ZPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
PolarisOrbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad ze Impaler View Post

Sad to see it go, but I guess it was inevitable. There are too many other great games on Steam to keep playing this one.

They were too slow to add new content and the content they had did not really seem as endless as it should have been for a game intended to be played daily. While the level templates may have been selected randomly, the level layouts themselves were the same every time. Add in a lot of grinding to try out new gear and you have a formula for diaspora.

What other games have people moved on to? I'm playing Magic 2012, Majesty 2, and Wizorb. Also have a Terraria character but the person I was playing with quit so that's done for now.
PolarisOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
Punishment

I've been playing mostly Rusty Hearts recently.
Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
lordofterror

you could try and see , if a reboot with simple rules can revive the guild, im sure a lot of people are looking to join guilds again now to do the missions with others
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #13
Vlad ze Impaler

Meh, too lazy to bother at this point.

There was a few weeks that I was logging in daily if only to do the daily prestige mission but now I can't be bothered to do that anymore. I only have one more rank mission to do and that's Firestorm Citadel. After that I'll have done pretty much everything in the game except Shadow Lairs (too expensive) and getting my last achievement (10k minerals deposited into gates).

I'll probably continue this streaky pattern when/if they add more substantive content.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Spiral Knights