Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory

Old 12-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
grackle

Smile Repeating crashes after TTG logo... worked before?

See title...

I'm getting a crash right after the TTG logo. Everything worked a-okay prior. I had a lot of fun with this game (>10 hours played!) and was basically logging in to get the Steam game acheivement for the 12+ hands played.

Attempted fixes:

Deleting local content and re-installing
Alt-tabbing

And after googling some threads here:
Ctrl+enter
Alt+enter
.. to get it out of fullscreen.

Nothing has helped, anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
grackle

Wow, so something that I thought was unrelated, but right-clicking on CelebrityPoker.exe in the steam install \Steam\steamapps\common\poker night at the inventory\ and running as administrator fixed this for me.

Just fyi.

edit: also game will not run at all unless you do this EVERY TIME. Ugh. WTF happened @Valve?

Last edited by grackle: 12-24-2011 at 11:24 PM.
grackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Wolfgabe

I have encountered the same problem too. I think it could be a possible glitch or a bug
Wolfgabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
gscualo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgabe View Post
I have encountered the same problem too. I think it could be a possible glitch or a bug
Here the same. Was it from applied patch?.
gscualo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
grackle

Hi Telltale, can we get a fix?

Or anyone? This has to be the dumbest workaround for one of my favorite played-while-drunk games. C'mon guys!
grackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
q3c

this PoS game has been broken like that for over a year. Multiple threads here and on Telltale site as well as tons of support tickets went unanswered.

this kind of behaviour made me lose all respect for once one of the favourite game studios - i am no longer buying their titles.
q3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
q3c

Lightbulb

I got it to work by deleting all the game files (saves, preferences) in My Documents directory.

I have tried patches, administrator privileges, compatibility fixes, re-installing the game, re-installing steam, even went through full system reinstall (for a different reason) and nothing worked. Deleting the My Documents\Telltale Games\Poker Night at the Inventory folder made it run again.
q3c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
mattbatcraz

Angry This is annoying!

I also have been getting this, I think that they should look into this issue. (I just got this game, and I want to play it)
mattbatcraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
xdrgonz0x

im have this problem too. just purchest game but cant get past first logo screen what a wast of money
xdrgonz0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Screamin_Abdabs

Gotta admit I haven't played this for a while, but have the same problem as all mentioned here. I get as far as the game menu, but it crashes when either trying to play the intro anim, or starting the table. It's worked since I got it a couple of years ago (or whenever it came out). Last update was, I think, for the steam Christmas stuff and there was no problem after that.

Now? Nada.

Edit 1
Deleting (OK moving) the saved games allows the game to start but of course I loose all the unlocks, prefs etc.

Last edited by Screamin_Abdabs: 03-19-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Screamin_Abdabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory