Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sideway

Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
p0wd3rd

Lockups

Bought the game as part of the IndieRoyale Be Mine bundle. Just now getting a chance to play it.

Once the first level starts, it will lockup while dropping into the level or after the initial tutorial on how to jump. I have a fairly robust Steam library with games that have considerably higher graphical demand than this one and play fine. So I wouldn't think it would be a performance issue, but compatibility maybe? Not going to bother posting specs, but has anyone else had this experience? Dev's look to be totally absent from these forums and there hasn't been one patch. Anything guys/gals?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Jorpho

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0wd3rd View Post
Bought the game as part of the IndieRoyale Be Mine bundle.
Just sayin', the Be Mine bundle is not part of IndieRoyale. (Otherwise their servers wouldn't have been totally obliterated during the first week the bundle was offered.)

Quote:
Not going to bother posting specs, but has anyone else had this experience?
There probably would have been another thread by now if that was the case. Maybe your specs are possibly somehow unusual after all?

You can always try to download the standalone DRM-free version of the game and see if that makes a difference. Or maybe try Windowed mode, or different resolutions?
Jorpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
Shad0WeN

I don't know what to suggest other than verifying the installation of the prerequisites. There are 3 things the game needs, which you can find in the game's "Extras" directory: DirectX, whatever version of Microsoft Visual C++ it wants (VCredist), and Nvidia PhysX. I would make sure you have all of those installed correctly. In particular I could see a missing or damaged PhysX installation causing this problem. Also make sure you have PhysX version 9.11.1107 or later.
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
p0wd3rd

Did a clean install of the latest NVIDIA drivers to "296.10-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql". Running Win 7 x64 with Core i7 q720, Intel HM67 chipset, 4gb RAM, NVIDIA GT 435m on a Dell Inspiron L501x. Running DX 11 and ran DxDiag as well, which everything checked out fine on. Also running the latest Visual C++ with all the updates.

Tried various graphical settings, lower res, etc. Nogo. Sometimes locks up before the dialogue with Fume, sometimes shortly after. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

I am out of ideas here.
p0wd3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Shad0WeN

do you also have the version of Visual C++ installed that is distributed with the game?? sometimes games want specific versions of that
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sideway