Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #46
JosephBroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurpan' View Post
REPLACING A FEW FILES SO SYNDICATE RUNS WITHOUT ORIGIN -- Extremely Easy ^__^

And also free.
As long as the "solution" is not "I'll still play the game, I just won't pay for it", fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurpan' View Post
Calm down, JosephBroze. You're acting like an EA shill and I know you're better than that.
I know. But a lot of this Origin debate is familiar to me from back when HL2 hit the shelves. People taking any excuse to dump on it, and on Valve -- the September release date fiasco means Valve are a complete joke; my game runs at a paltry 30 frames per second, hence it is utter garbage; ordering online involves too many damn numbers, therefore f**k the whole of Steam; what's this Steam authentication bullsh*t anyway, what kind of moron would force this idea on us? ... and you couldn't say a word in defense of any of it without being called a brain-dead Valve f.a.n.b.o.y (note how you still can't use that word on these forums)

Yeah, maybe EA hasn't earned all the credit I'm giving them, but at the very least I'll meet you half-way vitriol-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurpan'
1. The existence of Steam makes Origin redundant.
Assuming that you're entirely comfortable with the idea of Valve outright OWNING the digital distribution market. Believe it or not, some people aren't.

Quote:
2. Origin is spyware.
That is extremely debatable. From what I've read, Origin is no more nefarious than any other cloud-based service. It's biggest problem that I can see is simply being EA's offspring.

Quote:
3. Supporting EA supports screwing over the PC.
I can't get jiggy wit dis.

PC-versus-console sales are VERY asymmetrical. And that's on top of the fact that game development is among the most volatile, unreliable investments anyone can make -- any industry veteran can tell you that. With so much chaos theory stacked against them, you simply CANNOT hold it against any developer for favouring the console market over the PC. They need to survive as a business, or no more game industry.

And I'd say all that IF I agreed with your assertion that the PC market is getting "screwed over", which I most certainly don't. Consoles are still trading on their place in the graphical arms race (when they're not looking towards "World Of Warcraft" with lust in their eyes and bank accounts). Meanwhile PC gaming has more to offer today than ever before -- and bear in mind the staggering amount of backwards-compatible content there.

What the hell am I missing out on with the lack of PC exclusives, demo's, early releases, etc. except nebulously-justified bragging rights?
JosephBroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #47
durruti

if you could set aside your argurants for a while i'd like to ask a few questions.

so you get to upgrade your agent, weaponry and apps in multi - do you get to plan upgrade paths beforehand? what about weapon limits in single-/multiplayer? how do you replenish ammo for the more exotic weapons? and are there many of these hammer spacebar "events"?

carry on...

Last edited by durruti: 03-01-2012 at 11:59 AM.
durruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #48
JosephBroze

Quote:
Originally Posted by durruti View Post
so you get to upgrade your agent, weaponry and apps in multi - do you get to plan upgrade paths beforehand?
Yes, what gets upgraded is entirely your choice.

Quote:
what about weapon limits in single-/multiplayer?
Most you can ever carry is two "regular" weapons and one "exotic" WMD that must be dropped before you can use a regular one. In co-op, some of the regular weapons must be unlocked before you can add them to your starting loadouts, but you can still use them anytime you find them in-game.

Quote:
how do you replenish ammo for the more exotic weapons?
Depends on the weapon, and the game mode. Eg. the minigun has infinite ammo in single player, but not in co-op. In single player, you'll usually find a certain type of WMD right before a major combat setpiece, but other than that, there's no real point to lugging around an empty flamer or rocket launcher "just in case" you stumble upon more ammo -- won't happen. In co-op, you'll find WMDs in armories and wielded by high-level enemies (whose ammo you can pry from their cold, dead hands, obviously).

Quote:
and are there many of these hammer spacebar "events"?
Yes, but campaign only.

Last edited by JosephBroze: 03-01-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #49
J.D.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBroze View Post
... you really must get your hands the new "Syndicate".

Doesn't matter if you hate Origin, EA, the 1%, or whatever -- Syndicate is totally up your alley.
Huge fan of E.Y.E. and was super psyched about Syndicate, even dropping down the 60 bucks before I even looked at the game closely. Big mistake on my part.

Syndicate:
- Consolized Graphics (As per usual these days)
- Cut scenes you couldn't skip whatsoever. That's one way to make the game "longer".
- Mash the e key on every single grate, vent, door you come across. Fun! Could have mixed it up somewhat but nope, it's the same old thing throughout the campaign.
- Total of 3 abilities to use which aren't fully available throughout the entire game. Future cyberpunk shooter and you can only think of 3 abilities?
- Basic and boring upgrade system that never felt rewarding. Not to mention you get very few throughout the campaign.
- Some cool movement based animations and a mediocre cover system but you never get to use either because it just wasn't necessary. Game was too easy and too linear.

Nonetheless, the game has some cool effects and great gunplay (Sprinting in slow-mo firing your pistol was super satisfying) but it's not worth 60 bucks and I would take E.Y.E. over it any day. Sprinting backwards, jumping 30 ft. into the air while carrying a car always wins.

My opinion of course, and I'm referring to the campaign, not coop.
J.D.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #50
chris_coma

actually Syndicate is good... It is the matter of personal preferences. But it is really good game. Starbreeze rocks as always.
What is not good about it - regional pricing by EA - for me Syndicate (Mass Effect 3, and even Alan Wake in Origin) costs 2.5 times more than any modern AAA-title. Is it worth it? I think no.
chris_coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
Arngrim

I hate to say i didnt like the Campaign that much for Syndicate, after trying the awesome co-op demo i was so hyped up. But sadly the solo play didnt cut it for me. However, id say the game is worth getting for the Co-op alone!
Arngrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #52
JosephBroze

Quote:
(also are you looking for coop players or what gives?)
Actually, yes. My origin name is ForceContinuum, look me up of you're so inclined.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #53
ericL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBroze View Post
... you really must get your hands the new "Syndicate".

Doesn't matter if you hate Origin, EA, the 1%, or whatever -- Syndicate is totally up your alley.
yeah it matters. Not buying Syndicate until its on steam without ea drm.
ericL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy