Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Railroad Tycoon

Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Friendliest

Question RT2 - can u build new industries?

i know u can in SMRR, and I thought u could in RT3, but if u can do it in RT2, I sure forget how and don't see any obvious button, etc.

any reply appreciated, but the quicker the better!

TY!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
JimV

Nope.

You can only buy existing industry; why I reload maps so often at the start to get a couple of complementary factory/resource stops readily available.
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimV View Post
Nope.

You can only buy existing industry; why I reload maps so often at the start to get a couple of complementary factory/resource stops readily available.
Thanks for response

i don't go that far but I do tend to make a save-game right @ the start if I see a good set-up.

also, have you noticed (can u confirm?) how, if there are, for example, 2 meat packing plants, and you feed that station a bunch of cows, the profits will only go to one plant? For that matter does it work the same if u have a station which draws from multiple cattleyards -- are the profits distributed equally amongst them, or all shunted to one?

I only got into buying industries because I was playing Railroads and you can make your money back quick. I assume the same mechanic is going on in older games, you just don't get the little "cha-ching" numbers. But for the most part, when going for gold on hard skill in RT2, it seems like there is usually very little room to deviate from the main goal. I would rather have the $400k for a meat packing plant go to some new track.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
JimV

With multiple industries, I've noticed that also - one meat packing plant may be "Lucrative" while another is "Poor", in the same city that receives cows. Sometimes they seem to even out, but generally I just buy the lucrative one, and ignore or demolish the second.
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
moodyvillain

Yes you can, it is in the station building menu on the bottom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...industries.jpg

Certain industries only show up at certain timeframes. Like the auto industries not being purchasable untill 1900ish It is somewhat random and does not coincide exactly with the first actual car industry. Whatever..... semantics.
moodyvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyvillain View Post
Yes you can, it is in the station building menu on the bottom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...industries.jpg

Certain industries only show up at certain timeframes. Like the auto industries not being purchasable untill 1900ish It is somewhat random and does not coincide exactly with the first actual car industry. Whatever..... semantics.
that's actually rt3 but whatever. semantics.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Shadrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendliest View Post
also, have you noticed (can u confirm?) how, if there are, for example, 2 meat packing plants, and you feed that station a bunch of cows, the profits will only go to one plant? For that matter does it work the same if u have a station which draws from multiple cattleyards -- are the profits distributed equally amongst them, or all shunted to one?
The manual says the profits are evenly distributed, but that seems to be wrong. I think one industry gets favored over the second one.
Shadrak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Railroad Tycoon