Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters

Old 03-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
SnakeyeZ |503|

Simple Mod explanation?

ive located and downloaded blakes trim indicator to see how it works but im a little unsure of where to put the file and what to enter into the launch options...

I created a folder for the mods files called "Blakes TrimIndicator" in the AddOns folder in the game dir. Not even sure if this is correct. and i have no clue what to enter after -mod= in the game launch properties.

I searched on bi forums and steams but i cant locate a straight answer.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Jedra

To get Blake's Trim indicator to work, you're also going to need CBA_TOH. I can tell you how to do mod lines and such like, but you are better off downloading and installiing Six Updater - this will manage your mods for you and launch ToH.

You should never touch the Addons folder in ToH - it will cause issues if you delete the wrong thing.

To do this manually, download both blakes addon and CBA_TOH. Extract them both using your unarchiver.

For CBA_TOH - you should see a folder called @CBA_TOH - copy this directly into you Take on Helicopters folder.

With blakes, I believe you get a file called blakes_trim_indicator_toh_ee.pbo.

Create a folder in your Take On Helicopters root call @Blakes_Trim
Inside that create a folder called Addons
copy the .pbo file into the Addons folder you just created.

Now launch Take On Helicopters and look in the Expansions menu. You should see an entry for CBA_TOH and Blakes_Trim - select them both. You will then be told to restart Take On Helicopters. Do this, and you're done!
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
SnakeyeZ |503|

Found a simple explanation for ToH specifically. compared to the arma2 tips saying similar things. http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/sho...o-Install-Mods

What was unclear was first u needed a Developer in the games root folder "@XXXXXXX"then the mod folder directory structure. Even though there is a folder in the man directory called addons.

Thanks for the help Jedra, pointed me in the right direction. I found sixupdated to be overwhelming+ as i started online Arma2 this week a friend told me 6 updater is usefull only if your running the beta or latest mod version. Eventualy i may but i found a nice server with mods optional. Have learned alot...
SnakeyeZ |503| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Jedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeyeZ |503| View Post
a friend told me 6 updater is usefull only if your running the beta or latest mod version.
Not really true, but each to their own! Glad you got Blakes's mod working though.
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Take On Helicopters