Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eufloria

Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
Zorlac

Any chance of adding steamcloud to this?

it's absolutely the perfect travel game and steamcloud would make that amazingly easy. There's already steam achievements so that means the game is using steamworks, so why not go ahead and make use of steamcloud too since it's there? Make it optional because there will always be those who cry and don't want it, but for those that do, steamcloud is a godsend.

Apologies for this thread, I didn't see the other till I'd already posted, my thoughts about you not adding steamcloud are in that thread. Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed that you dont' feel you can add such a great feature to the game when you're already using steamworks. Seems a waste of what steamworks can do to not make full use of it.

Last edited by Zorlac: 12-23-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
klumy

yeah this would be great
klumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Rudolf Kremers

Eufloria Design Person
The situation is as such: we have 1 programmer, and 1 designer, and between us we are now doing the psn version of the game, plus other ports, after having added new features and content for over a year since release.

There is a finite amount of time in the day and we are very careful on what we can spend it on. Frankly, the fact that we just released a patch with new ai and all kinds of other stuff is a small miracle.

Within our schedule it is NOT trivial, despite what you would like to believe, to add even more features, as it will further encroach on our psn work schedule. Also, even for those who don't care about the psn version, you should know that many of its improvements end up in the pc version.

Finally, considering the amount of time and effort we put in this post release, being called lazy is a bit of a bizarre statement.
Rudolf Kremers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
DarkChaplain

Banned
@Rudolf
PSN Version is coming? Nice.
PS3 only or both PSP and PS3?
*doesn't own a PS3 yet but would love Eufloria for PSP*

Take your time, your hard work is very much appreciated!
DarkChaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
Rudolf Kremers

Eufloria Design Person
Thanks!

There won't be a psp version, psn only. There will however be an iDevices port though, and eventually Mac and Linux. (and who knows what else the future will bring.)

Lot of work but all good.
Rudolf Kremers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Zorlac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Kremers View Post
The situation is as such: we have 1 programmer, and 1 designer, and between us we are now doing the psn version of the game, plus other ports, after having added new features and content for over a year since release.

There is a finite amount of time in the day and we are very careful on what we can spend it on. Frankly, the fact that we just released a patch with new ai and all kinds of other stuff is a small miracle.

Within our schedule it is NOT trivial, despite what you would like to believe, to add even more features, as it will further encroach on our psn work schedule. Also, even for those who don't care about the psn version, you should know that many of its improvements end up in the pc version.

Finally, considering the amount of time and effort we put in this post release, being called lazy is a bit of a bizarre statement.

I never called you lazy. I just like to see features used that are available. I also game on multiple computers, so steam cloud would be fantastic, especially for a game like this one.
Zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Fear Itself

Signed for Steam Cloud.
Fear Itself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
super_dady_dj

+1 for Steam Cloud ^^
super_dady_dj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Eufloria