Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
LegendHunter

How to improve your gameplay

It doesn't take a genius to know that when you are mad/frustrated that you can't play as well. The majority of us also know that the only way to play like a pro is to feel at complete focus, but at the same time be at complete serenity as well.

So how do we make ourselves feel better when stuff is going bad in real life? or if things aren't going our way in game?

I am here to tell you all about a science experiment done in Hawaii. A man wanted to see if he could make people in an insane asylum feel better by just repeating some words while walking through a hall way. The words he repeated were "I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you." After a year the insane asylum went out of business, because there were no more insane people to take care of.

With this information in mind, I figured that I should repeat these same words over and over again as I played the game. I found that when I did this I played extremely well, and when I didn't I played mediocre. Doing this not only made me play better, but it made me feel emotionally better as well.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
MegaManZer0

Er, muttering "Thank you, I love you" etc to an overweight Russian that just gunned me down wouldn't help me play better. It'd probably creep everyone out if I used my mic to say it though.
MegaManZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
LegendHunter

You are not saying these words to the people in the game, you are saying it to yourself.
LegendHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
botulox

Raging as hard as I can helps me most of the time. Believe it or not. Raises my awareness, and makes me plan ahead more often, on how to an@lly rap3 that soab that dominated me.
botulox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Awesomegame17

I just have a few laughs as I play. I seem to focus more as I laugh, strangely enough.
Awesomegame17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Koobadoobs

interesting. will try, even if it is only placebo. it cant hurt i suppose.
Koobadoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Captain Blades

ROFL, okay Dr. Phil, your plan still doesn't make me any less accurate when i've got your head in my scope.
Captain Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
CommanderDude7

I just wear some more hats. Boosts skill by 15%.
CommanderDude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
LegendHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blades View Post
ROFL, okay Dr. Phil, your plan still doesn't make me any less accurate when i've got your head in my scope.
Captain blades I never said it would make the enemy team play worse. I said it would make you play better. I would prefer if the enemy team played well, because then I could actually have a challenge.

And butolox, when you rage hard and you make sure you don't make the same mistakes from it you are doing what you are supposed to do from mistakes. Learn from them. Of course you rage at the start, but then you decide to start focusing on making sure that the mistake doesn't happen again.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #10
Captain Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendHunter View Post
Captain blades I never said it would make the enemy team play worse. I said it would make you play better. I would prefer if the enemy team played well, because then I could actually have a challenge.

And butolox, when you rage hard and you make sure you don't make the same mistakes from it you are doing what you are supposed to do from mistakes. Learn from them. Of course you rage at the start, but then you decide to start focusing on making sure that the mistake doesn't happen again.
I see what you're trying to do with the winning mentality, however i'm thinking it'd be easier just to point people to helpful youtube videos, as opposed to getting people to redefine perspectives.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
LegendHunter

The thing is some people cannot put the information in the youtube vids to work because they lack the concentration and or the focus.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
iiShawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderDude7 View Post
I just wear some more hats. Boosts skill by 15%.
Skyrim?
iiShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
Captain Blades

ha, legendhunter, im going to go ahead and give your thread 5 stars for the effort, but i think underlying focus issues are a tad harder to to improve than strategical placement and target priority.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
Varq

This is silly. Those who are angry during the game won't take this advice. Those who are calm won't need this advice. It's better to just tell people to calm down and analyze what they did wrong.

When you die, analyze what you did wrong and how you can fix it. I chased a spy because he killed my medic, but beyond the corner is their whole team. Don't be greedy and chase spies.
Varq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
Index

Banned
Is skeptical at first.

Tried it out a liitle.

*takes off glasses*

My god, it... WORKED
Index is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2