Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
{Yotsuba}

i am hoping it goes on sale @ GG, i wonder if i can buy it even though i am in NA.

No you cannot. Sacred 2 Gold, or both the parts sold separately, cannot be purchased in North America as GamersGate only have a deal with the European distributor, who can only sell outside of North America.

Thus, people in North America will need to have a friend in another country gift the game to them. Cross-region gifting is perfectly acceptable on GamersGate.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 AM   #17
OugaBooga

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Yotsuba} View Post
i am hoping it goes on sale @ GG, i wonder if i can buy it even though i am in NA.

No you cannot. Sacred 2 Gold, or both the parts sold separately, cannot be purchased in North America as GamersGate only have a deal with the European distributor, who can only sell outside of North America.

Thus, people in North America will need to have a friend in another country gift the game to them. Cross-region gifting is perfectly acceptable on GamersGate.
this is terrible, i don't know any1 outside of north america i could trust to do this cross region gifting, it also probably complicates things more if my hard drive dies & i need to re download it.I have had 3 drives mess up in the last 6 months so i need to be able to get it back if lost.
MAN i really hope they get it together again & open doors back up in NA.
THX Yotsuba, i am lost for words
OugaBooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #18
gamer_x

But haven't Deep Silver bought all the rights to Sacred 2 all over the world ?
gamer_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
Capn Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post
this is terrible, i don't know any1 outside of north america i could trust to do this cross region gifting, it also probably complicates things more if my hard drive dies & i need to re download it.I have had 3 drives mess up in the last 6 months so i need to be able to get it back if lost.
Maybe you could get it directly from Deep Silver? Otherwise do what I did; get a copy of S2 Gold from eBay. Check eBay UK as well. Or if there are no copies of S2 Gold listed, you could also get the original game and expansion separately..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
Capn Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post
Sacred 2 gold copy available right now from Amazon UK. Seller ships to the US. There you go..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
BHTrellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer_x View Post
But haven't Deep Silver bought all the rights to Sacred 2 all over the world ?
No. CDV has the rights in the US. That's why the US players got screwed out of the add on.
BHTrellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #22
Darreck

Don't worry, Sacred 1 still works, we can use Hamachi (and even set up a Steam group for it), Diablo 3 is coming in May, Torchlight 2 is not far behind, and Path of Exile is gonna be free to play.

I know none of these are Sacred 2, but all are still fun to play and have their own perks.
Darreck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series