Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Public Play

Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #16
Sergis

it is very good, yes. doesnt mean we couldnt test out a little tweak and see what happens
Sergis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
Teleportalist

Then I guess we COULD test it in the beta. I'd still say no as an actual change, though.
Teleportalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #18
HotShot888

Mini Sentry is fine. It has only 100 health which is really not a lot for a stationary target, especially since it's not repairable. If you are getting knocked around by it when playing as scout and jumping around like a spaz, we have a praaaaaaaaablem.

Praaaaaablem being your lack of understanding of how counters work. Engineer is supposed to counter scouts since their speed is meaningless to the sentry. It's a team game and if you have trouble against minisentries or any other sentries as scout, it's probably because your team has 4 spies and 4 snipers, while Soldiers, Demomen and Heavies could easily destroy it before it even starts firing

It's like saying afterburn should be removed because spy can't cloak when burning
HotShot888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:20 AM   #19
NuclearKangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleportalist View Post
Mini is perfectly balanced. Seriously guys. It's meant to be a nuisance, but it's also easily destroyed. If you play Scout, then you should know NOT to run into the damn thing. It's that simple.
it does need some tweaking

for instance i believe it takes 2 rockets to destroy while its building, on the other hand 1 rocket is enough to destroy a normal sentry while its building
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #20
Sergis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot888 View Post
Mini Sentry is fine. It has only 100 health which is really not a lot for a stationary target, especially since it's not repairable. If you are getting knocked around by it when playing as scout and jumping around like a spaz, we have a praaaaaaaaablem.

Praaaaaablem being your lack of understanding of how counters work. Engineer is supposed to counter scouts since their speed is meaningless to the sentry. It's a team game and if you have trouble against minisentries or any other sentries as scout, it's probably because your team has 4 spies and 4 snipers, while Soldiers, Demomen and Heavies could easily destroy it before it even starts firing

It's like saying afterburn should be removed because spy can't cloak when burning
The real praaaablem in this case is you jumping to some dumb conclusions and trying to be funny while I knock around scouts, pyros, soldiers and whatever the hell else with my minisentry placed in places they would never expect.

Your analogy also is completely wrong, because removing afterburn is straight nerf, whereas removing knockback might not be.

Last edited by Sergis: 03-26-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Sergis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #21
HotShot888

How would it not be a straight nerf?

Also, engie is a counter to pyros as well, since they are made for flanking and close range.

If you can knock a soldier around, it's their own fault. Soldier should be able to deal with a full engie base, so minisentry should never be a problem. Normal sentry can be also placed in weird places and be even more of a problem, since it does more damage.

I really see nothing wrong with the minisentry. I don't use it, I get jarateed off when an engie keeps placing them, but I never had problems with knockback, it's the full HP from the start that's annoying for me. But as I said, there are easy counters for this, so I blame nothing by myself

It's fine as it is
HotShot888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #22
The OzQ

Doesn't it already have a puny knockback? Normal lvl1 sentry it capable of holding making heavy airborne while through personal experience I can say minis merely slowdown your falling a _bit_.

Also sentry knockback allows you to get away from tough spot occasionally.

Last edited by The OzQ: 03-26-2012 at 07:10 AM.
The OzQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #23
Demoman 2101

I can see a lot of classes to abuse this. Primary Scouts. It's not always possible to hide your Mini-Sentry.

But I like the idea a lot, needs a test.
Demoman 2101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > TF2 Beta > Public Play