Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The

Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
Spacelobster

March 22-26 Square sale, Last Remnat missing?

I know the game has gotten a lot of negative reviews, but still disappointed it isn't part of this weekend sale. It also isn't in the square complete pack.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
joeypina

It's 50% off, but $25 is still too much for a 2009 game. Even if it gets a 75% off, down to $12.50, I don't think I'd buy it. I want to play this game, but I'm not willing to pay more than 5 bucks for it... :/
joeypina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
YahooElite

way i see it, 25 is better then 50.

better get it while its semi cheap, never know when it'll happen again.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Zloth

And $16 is better than $25, which has been what Amazon has been selling at for quite some time now.
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
leafosaur

Bah, this game is still way too expensive even at $25

Considering the reviews I'm waiting till it's $10 or under. But the graphics do look pretty.
leafosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
ChaosHydrA

i honestly dont know if im going to buy this the price is stil la bit steep but theres so few J-rpg games on Pc and it seems like they put a good effort to it, how good is the actual game. Most Reviews seem to be negative and theres people saying the combat is kinda random and the bosses are way above the level youre at when u meet them
ChaosHydrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
TwRecks

The CD-keys from the retail version activate the game on Steam, so there's no downside to finding a cheap retail copy elsewhere. I'ts been on sale for $10 on here multiple times before, but that was before they jacked the MSRP back up, so who knows if/when that will happen again.

It's a different battle system for sure, but you have a lot more control than people seem to think. I really think that a lot of people didn't know or didn't bother to use the key (z by default) that shows the individual moves each character will execute for each menu choice. Also, you can give characters and groups tendencies by how you use them over time or what leader and formation you use. There are also tons of sidequests and completely missable areas. You'll be pretty weak if you don't track most of them down. The main issue the game has is that there's a lot of complexity in the battle system that is very very opaque. You pretty much have to use a guide or wiki to really know a lot of what's going on under the hood. I like it a lot myself, but it certainly takes a bit of work to appreciate.
TwRecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
Zloth

Yeah, and a lot of people just won't do the work. Plus there are always a lot of people for whom "different" means "wrong". If you don't do your game pretty much like they expect then they don't want any part of it.

That said, some people honestly aren't going to like the battle system. There are plenty of folks out there that want to micro-manage every character's actions. When they want Emma to do the heal but the game picks Rush to do it, they are NOT happy. Even if it really doesn't matter in the long run.
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
DrinkingWhiskey

pretty cheap on amazon right now

13-17 bucks American @ Amazon @ http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...emnant&x=0&y=0
DrinkingWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The