Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Old 03-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
alison22000

Exclamation Are you able to replay an entire level? War in the North.

I have only just started playing the game and I am on level 1 area 13, or something like that. I have just found out yesterday that the secret I found for my female Elf, is not the only secrets there are, that apparently there are secret areas for my Human and the Dwarf.

Because I am having trouble with the save file and being able to want to open every secret location for every one of my players, I have had to go and create a time consuming procedure of making a text document, and every time I go into a new location, I have to copy the save file to another folder and make a note in the text doc to say what each save is for, to enable me to go back as the Human etc to open his secret location.

But is there at all any way to be able to reply a level so your able to find every secret location there is for every player in my group. I am playing single player, but the dev's have made this game so difficult with only 1 save and no ability to swap between party members while in game unless you do so at the start of a new level.

I really need to know that if what I am doing at the moment is a bit over the top, due to being able to replay a level, or if what I am doing is a good thing. I mean seriously, there must be a way to replay an entire level, or why make 1 save file only, when there are secrets for every character in every level.

Please Help Me!!!

Thanks for any help provided
Old 03-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
raupi

You are way over the top

There are differnet secret locations for every charcter. Farin is able to see weak walls and break through them. Eradan can see footprints and markings for hidden items. I've not played Andriel, but she can pick up plants and how knows what else.

You can use the traveling system to revisit locations, but you will not be able to redo story parts for obvious reasons. The travel system is only available at the end of a level as far as i know.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
alison22000

Thanks, that helps me out a lot and now I can scrap all these extra saves.

In the Prologue you saw the Elf, Andriel, say an incantation or something on a wall that she broke open, so she must find more than just herbs.
alison22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
Joe_Chip

Yeah, she can open magickal walls. Also, there are secrets within secrets to be found. Like a wall which only Andriel can open inside a weak wall which only Farin can break.
Joe_Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
alison22000

what area is this 1 week wall thing located in? I really would hate to miss it. Thanks
alison22000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
raupi

I don't know where this particular section is, but you will only be able to open it in multiplayer. When you leave a level, the secret locations and chests are reset, so you can not enter a opened section with another character yourself.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Lord of the Rings series, The > Lord of the Rings: War in the North