Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Sloopydrew

Talking Which team is behind Sonic 4 Episode 2?

Hi everyone,

Last week I bought Sonic Generations, which got me into Sonic again, for the first time in years! Sonic Generations isn't just the best Sonic game in a long time, it's the best Sonic game ever, in my opinion. With my newly restored trust in the Sonic franchise, I rushed out the next day and bought Sonic Colors for the Wii. It wasn't as good as Generations, but it was still a very good game and was the best Sonic in years -- only to be surpassed by Generations.

After two great Sonic games in a row? Sonic was a favorite of mine again! I had NO TROUBLE getting the game I skipped, Sonic 4 and really, really hate it! It controls so slow. The platforming mechanics feel off. The whole thing just feels wrong. It's slow, even when compared to Colors. When put up against Generations? It feels like a Mario game ... in slow-motion. And not a good Mario game, either.

So, anyway, my faith in Sonic is a little shaken again, which has me wondering: Who's behind Episode 2? I think the team behind Colors would do a great job, as they got the platforming down perfectly in Colors. I think the Generations team would do a great job, as they really understood the speed and thrill of Sonic. The two teams combined would be awesome! The only team I don't want working on Sonic 4: Episode 2? The team behind episode 1. Does anyone know who will be working on this game and what other games they've made? Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Behnam

Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 Episode 1 have the same devs; Dimps. And the second episode will be made by the same team... But they have promised to improve the physics...
Behnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
ríomhaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behnam View Post
Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 Episode 1 have the same devs; Dimps. And the second episode will be made by the same team... But they have promised to improve the physics...
I'll wait till I see some reviews before I believe that.
ríomhaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
ezodagrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behnam View Post
Not entirely correct.
The Wii version of Sonic Colours was developed by Sonic Team actually, only the Nintendo DS version of Sonic Colours was developed by Dimps.
Dimps also developed the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations, and they're developing Sonic 4 Episode 2, which apparently will have improved movement physics.
ezodagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Sloopydrew

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezodagrom View Post
Not entirely correct.
The Wii version of Sonic Colours was developed by Sonic Team actually, only the Nintendo DS version of Sonic Colours was developed by Dimps.
And the world makes sense again! Things didn't compute when I read that the same team that did Sonic Colors did Sonic 4: Episode 1. I was nearly in shock! No matter the budget, the team behind Sonic 4 clearly doesn't "get" platforming -- at least not Sonic. The physics are so completely wrong in that game. With them behind Episode 2, I'm not getting my hopes up. I watched a gameplay trailer and it LOOKS like nothing's changed since the first, outside of Tails and slightly bumped up graphics. The physics looked the same. This is really disappointing. So, any news as to when the next game from the people behind Generations is being released?

Last edited by Sloopydrew: 03-27-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Sloopydrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sonic the Hedgehog series > Sonic the Hedgehog 4