Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires Online

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
revolving door

Downloading AOE Online

I'm currently trying to download the game but for some reason its not adding to my download list on Steam. It says its currently downloading one item but the progress bar isn't moving for some reason. I just tried downloading a smaller game and it worked fine. Also tried re-starting Steam to no avail. Is anyone else getting this? Is this something on my end? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
sgtwaffles

Yeah, they'll probably have it fixed soonish. Just wait it out is all I can say ;P
sgtwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
DGMan54

Same here. Steam downloaded AOEO, but it didn't show up on the downloads tab and it does not show up in my games library. I can launch it by manually running the exe though.
DGMan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
M4nkoRid3r

Yep, same. Will wait it out
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Spathy

same issue here.
Spathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
speckops

Hmmm I finished downloading and i can find the game at program files/steam/steamapps/common/age of empires online, however, it won't show in steam library. I hope they fix this soon.
speckops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
mullernr

Valve
I'm looking into this issue, but I can't reproduce it here. If anyone is seeing this issue, would you pm me your steam user name and the country you're downloading from?
mullernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
revolving door

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullernr View Post
I'm looking into this issue, but I can't reproduce it here. If anyone is seeing this issue, would you pm me your steam user name and the country you're downloading from?
It appears to have downloaded as the game is in my Steam common folder. Its just not appearing in my games list in Steam proper as someone has stated above. I tried restarting Steam but that doesn't seem to help. Thank you for looking into this issue.
revolving door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
mullernr

Valve
Hi folks, I found that the game was misconfigured in the following countries. If you're in one of these countries, it will be fixed in about 15 min. If not, please restart your Steam client. If it's still not working, please pm me with your account name and country.
mullernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
revolving door

Quote:
Hi folks, I found that the game was misconfigured in the following countries. If you're in one of these countries, it will be fixed in about 15 min. If not, please restart your Steam client. If it's still not working, please pm me with your account name and country.
Ah, there we go. Just re-started Steam and the game appears in my games list. Thanks again for your quick response and fix of this issue.
revolving door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
Spalatum

Still not showing up in my download or library list. However the download indicator is visible on the bottom and the files are present in the steam folder.

I'm in a GFWL unsupported country (Slovenia) however I was able to install the game by changing steam region (?cc=us).

I can play my other GFWL games without trouble. Valve please look into it
Spalatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #12
Alienware Gamer

Quote:
Sent you a PM as I just bought & live in the UK but its not appearing in my library at all after multiple Steam restarts.

Thanks
Alienware Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #13
Gentlemen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalatum View Post
Still not showing up in my download or library list. However the download indicator is visible on the bottom and the files are present in the steam folder.

I'm in a GFWL unsupported country (Slovenia) however I was able to install the game by changing steam region (?cc=us).

I can play my other GFWL games without trouble. Valve please look into it
What's Valve going to do? You need to get in touch with GFWL. Don't bring Valve into this.
Gentlemen? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #14
nemesis5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlemen? View Post
What's Valve going to do? You need to get in touch with GFWL. Don't bring Valve into this.
The opposite.. This has nothing to do with GFWL and everything to do with Steam.

PS. The same problem with me. I downloaded the game the progress bar was glitchy, restarted steam a few times and the progress bar was near the end. Then it finished downloading the game but still doesn't appear in my game list.

Last edited by nemesis5858: 03-28-2012 at 04:45 AM.
nemesis5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #15
DiceDuP

Is the game in your steam apps folder? If so, have you tried booting the launcher from there?
DiceDuP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Empires Online