Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Sardaknowsall

Red face Foreign Military Port Events.

These things are absurdly rare, in a full long game I only had 2 offers, both from the American's (who I instantly declined out of the fact they have the worst ironclads and elite troops). After that, nothing. Ever. I even just hammer'd the end turn button for 200 turns after winning, and still nothing from the British or French.

Either you get only a couple the entire game of a random nation, and that's it, or these are INSANELY rare. Either way, its not fair especially when one of your neighbours actually get's one of the good nations like France or England and you don't because the random number generator hates you. Good luck fighting Warrior or LeOcean Ironclads with standard ships, Or French Legionares with Republic Guards.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
SiberianPenguin

i've gotten a request nearly every turn after unlocking the events myself. and the elite troop stats are negligible considering that your generals and agents boost the troops anyway. My US Marines' reload skill is 84 and accuracy 136, it's complete overkill.
SiberianPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Sardaknowsall

The french marines do have almost 10 more accuracy and reload speed then the standards, thats a pretty big boost. Its honestly the Ironclads that the problem, a enemy clan somehow got a Warrior and with only 2 mediums ships supporting it and I lost 5 frigates and 2 gunboats taking it down.

Edit: It wouldn't be so bad if the Japanese Ironclads weren't such compelete garbage, but there's no contest between Japanese ships and Foreign ships.

Last edited by Sardaknowsall: 03-27-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Sardaknowsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Sardaknowsall

And a pair of Warriors shows up and I learn a halarious lesson, the enemy's Warrior class and my Frigates are capped at 8 each but their are worth 5 of mine. Well they offically own the ocean, can't compete with that. Thanks random event generator!

Also funny, I have the cash to support a navy of a half dozen warriors with support but alas, no British.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Foxbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaknowsall View Post
These things are absurdly rare, in a full long game I only had 2 offers, both from the American's (who I instantly declined out of the fact they have the worst ironclads and elite troops). After that, nothing. Ever. I even just hammer'd the end turn button for 200 turns after winning, and still nothing from the British or French.

Either you get only a couple the entire game of a random nation, and that's it, or these are INSANELY rare. Either way, its not fair especially when one of your neighbours actually get's one of the good nations like France or England and you don't because the random number generator hates you. Good luck fighting Warrior or LeOcean Ironclads with standard ships, Or French Legionares with Republic Guards.

I believe that there can only be ONE port to whatever side in the whole game which means it counts the NPC players as well. If you get the American port then no one else can get it, which also means if the NPCs get the British port you can't get it nor can anyone else.

That's why you're only getting the American option, because it's the only one left. Now I could be wrong about this but that's how I gathered it worked from my time with the game. Plus it would make the most sense, why would American / British / French soldiers attack they own troops? It would be like if we had soldiers helping out both North and South Korea fighting each other because both sides bought our troops, it wouldn't make any sense =P
Foxbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Sardaknowsall

When I took their British port it automatically downgraded to a trade port >.>
Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
aiyaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardaknowsall View Post
When I took their British port it automatically downgraded to a trade port >.>
i think this pretty much confirms foxbrook's comment.

once the faction that was trading with that foreign nation loses their trade route then its open for someone else to open relations
aiyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Sardaknowsall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianPenguin View Post
i've gotten a request nearly every turn after unlocking the events myself. and the elite troop stats are negligible considering that your generals and agents boost the troops anyway. My US Marines' reload skill is 84 and accuracy 136, it's complete overkill.
They also aren't tied to you elite troop max #, so you could have 6 elite imperial + 6 us marines in a single powerful army, or spread over more armies boosting the stats of the lesser line infantry around them with their aura.

Same for ironclads, without a foreign nation you get only 8 frigates, with it you could have 8 frigates + 1-4(depending on the nation) ironclads. Completely dominating anyone who doesn't have a foreign nation.

Last edited by Sardaknowsall: 03-28-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2