Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike

Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #1981
schoof

since i posted my findings with a friend's account ( http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3#post29880093 )
i did more testing. it really seems to me that the problem is connected to the account itself! to be excact the userdata folder (where all your account settings are saved), theres a subfolder "config" in it, with a file "localconfig.vdf"! i have the suspicion that this is the problem, in this file there are all the apptickets and licenses of your account stored (use an editor to open it and see for yourself). it looks like that on some accounts people get corrupted or wrong values in this file somehow and thats why cs doenst run normal (same with css or cspromod)!
i tested 3 accounts, my old one with bad cs gameplay, another one i havent used for a long time which also has bad cs gameplay and one from a friend where cs plays normal! everytime i switch to my 2 old accounts cs gameplay is bad again until i switch back to my friends account where its fine again! i let other people also test this accounts and they said the same thing!
i did several tests with the userdata folder: denying user rights, copying blank files in it and write protect them etc... it doenst fix the problem, i think the only solution to fix it is to get an account where this problem doesnt exist! maybe someone other finds a solution for your existing account but i doubt it! or you ask valve to fix your account... good luck!!!
i know it sounds funny that the problem is connected to the account itself and i wouldnt believe it if i hadnt experienced it myself but that are my findings so far!

btw i still recommend to you use the tweak guide for newer hardware (constant clock rate for gfx card etc...) or else gameplay can be negatively affected!

now flame ahead! i wont respond to people like "Blaikie" or others who arent able to read properly or just wanna have fun trolling!

Last edited by schoof: 03-28-2012 at 06:56 AM.
schoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #1982
Blaikie

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0ster View Post
Yeah bud i just ordered a 9600GT card for my 1 core pentium 4, im going to play around with the drivers and see if i can atleast find an answer to the recoil problem. CS DEFINITELY runs smoother on 1 core processors.
Anything from the GeForce 6 series and onwards is new to CS and if it was the GFX card causing problems with CS, tweaking and using these GFX cards will not find you the answer.
Blaikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #1983
Blaikie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoof View Post
since i posted my findings with a al
now flame ahead! i wont respond to people like "Blaikie" or others who arent able to read properly or just wanna have fun trolling!
Schoof you quite clearly post:

Quote:
p.s.: im not talking about bullet decals bug!!! im talking about game smoothness! just what the creator of this thread posted in his original post!
And the OP quite clearly posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomkrz View Post
<----------"Schoof:just what the creator of this thread posted in his original post!"
ok, now look at this http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PU9OAtSX0&fmt=18 <----------"Schoof: im not talking about bullet decals bug!!!"

the first clip shows usp recoil on his pc, the bullets go only up,
the second clip is from my pc, the bullets go up, left, right, everywhere, even the croshair goes left/right

Have a nice day!

Last edited by Blaikie: 03-28-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Blaikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #1984
Bdds

Quote:
since i posted my findings with a friend's account ( http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3#post29880093 )
i did more testing. it really seems to me that the problem is connected to the account itself! to be excact the userdata folder (where all your account settings are saved), theres a subfolder "config" in it, with a file "localconfig.vdf"! i have the suspicion that this is the problem, in this file there are all the apptickets and licenses of your account stored (use an editor to open it and see for yourself). it looks like that on some accounts people get corrupted or wrong values in this file somehow and thats why cs doenst run normal (same with css or cspromod)!
i tested 3 accounts, my old one with bad cs gameplay, another one i havent used for a long time which also has bad cs gameplay and one from a friend where cs plays normal! everytime i switch to my 2 old accounts cs gameplay is bad again until i switch back to my friends account where its fine again! i let other people also test this accounts and they said the same thing!
i did several tests with the userdata folder: denying user rights, copying blank files in it and write protect them etc... it doenst fix the problem, i think the only solution to fix it is to get an account where this problem doesnt exist! maybe someone other finds a solution for your existing account but i doubt it! or you ask valve to fix your account... good luck!!!
i know it sounds funny that the problem is connected to the account itself and i wouldnt believe it if i hadnt experienced it myself but that are my findings so far!

btw i still recommend to you use the tweak guide for newer hardware (constant clock rate for gfx card etc...) or else gameplay can be negatively affected!

I agree, my findigs also point in the direction that different accounts have different gameplay. You could easily spot those with smooth gameplay, and those who suffer from this issue when playing online.

I borrowed an old account from a friend which has nice gameplay, too bad it is VAC banned. What i did was logon with that account, run cstrike, joined a server, logoff, and logon with my account. Then i deleted my cstrike folder, and copied the one from the other account and write protected it. Then i run cstrike. Sofar it seems to work. Recoil it very smooth and responsive. I will do some more testing and report back.
Bdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #1985
schoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdds View Post
I agree, my findigs also point in the direction that different accounts have different gameplay. You could easily spot those with smooth gameplay, and those who suffer from this issue when playing online.

I borrowed an old account from a friend which has nice gameplay, too bad it is VAC banned. What i did was logon with that account, run cstrike, joined a server, logoff, and logon with my account. Then i deleted my cstrike folder, and copied the one from the other account and write protected it. Then i run cstrike. Sofar it seems to work. Recoil it very smooth and responsive. I will do some more testing and report back.
i tried that also: copy the cstrike folder from the account where cs runs fine and use it on the other! but it didnt work for me, with time it got worse again! thats why i suspect that the problem lies in the userdata folder...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #1986
schoof

i have to add one thing: a friend of mine has an old backup hdd where steam is installed (he has no userdata folder), and he said that before 2009 there was no folder "userdata" and it was introduced with an steam update around that time! i cant check this or disprove this, but maybe thats when the problem began for some accounts...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1987
Bdds

Quote:
i have to add one thing: a friend of mine has an old backup hdd where steam is installed (he has no userdata folder), and he said that before 2009 there was no folder "userdata" and it was introduced with an steam update around that time! i cant check this or disprove this, but maybe thats when the problem began for some accounts...
I dont think so. This problem has been around since at least 2003/2004. I have had this problem since 1.6 went from cd-keys to accounts with the introduction of steam.
Bdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #1988
k1D4@82

Banned
OMG way too much bs in here..... that's what CS is about....
k1D4@82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #1989
Jyllen

My friend sended me his working userdata map. So i downloaded it and replaced it with my own userdata map. Then I set writeprotection to it. I started cs and the problem was fixed.

Now to the bad thing: I started cs again now, and i still have the problem :/ But ye, it seems to be something with the "userdata" files...
Jyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #1990
schoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyllen View Post
My friend sended me his working userdata map. So i downloaded it and replaced it with my own userdata map. Then I set writeprotection to it. I started cs and the problem was fixed.

Now to the bad thing: I started cs again now, and i still have the problem :/ But ye, it seems to be something with the "userdata" files...
i tested many different things including copying the userdata folder from accounts where cs runs fine, it only fixed it for a short time! the userdata folder gets overwritten every time you start steam/cs! i dont think youll be able to find a fix for it with your account to be honest! try to get the account from your friend so you can test it yourself!

Last edited by schoof: 03-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 AM   #1991
Jyllen

Quote:
i tested many different things including copying the userdata folder from accounts where cs runs fine, it only fixed it for a short time! the userdata folder gets overwritten every time you start steam/cs! i dont think youll be able to find a fix for it with your account to be honest! try to get the account from your friend so you can test it yourself!
Yeah you're right.

Good news: I contacted steam as I said in an earlier post, now they have answered me and they say that they are gonna look this up. I did also send them this thread so hopefully they will check it.

But, as steamsupport is so slow and kinda bad, I dont think they will do anything about it since it is such old game..
Jyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:18 AM   #1992
schoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyllen View Post
Yeah you're right.

Good news: I contacted steam as I said in an earlier post, now they have answered me and they say that they are gonna look this up. I did also send them this thread so hopefully they will check it.

But, as steamsupport is so slow and kinda bad, I dont think they will do anything about it since it is such old game..
i doubt that they will do anything...but hey im willing to be proven false
maybe when enough people who have this problem with their account write to them and give them the postings in this thread where its discussed then steamsupport takes a look into this problem?!?!
Old 03-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #1993
Turambar_1337

What have you exacly wrote Jyllen?
So we can all send to them something similar and they can actually fix this...
Turambar_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #1994
massacremn

Guys,

First of all, lets define what are worse/normal/good/better/best recoil in detail. - define standard

"Good recoil" of some people is "Best recoil" for some people!

So lets define it.

In my experience when my team became Cal-im champ, my recoil was best for me. I had been just knowing where my recoil's gonna shift during spraying with Ak and especially m4a1. First 2-4 bullets with slight adjustment had been going dead middle of the crosshair when I spray/fast shots by usp.

Normal recoil is,
- first bullet goes to middle
- spraying first 5-8 bullets probability going to middle of xhair about 50%
- tap shooting probability to hit 60%

What about you guys?
Lets define it then, discuss the improvements from what point to what point exactly using our defined standard.

Thanks,
MassacrE
massacremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #1995
f0ster

Blaikie I was referring to schoof. He went off topic horridly.

Massacremn - When spraying an AK the bullets should go to the top right of the X hair in a diagonal line, except 2 bullets that will go to the left. A USP should go straight up and down even while moving sideways. Go look at my picture on page 128 and youll get an idea as to what is going on.

Steam/Valve fixed this recoil "bug" in CS Source with an update. A lot of people know about that. There's no reason they cant do the same for cs 1.6.

Go look on youtube for cs recoil videos and youll see the source recoil before and after the update. That proves that it indeed is a problem with steam files, most like the client.dll in cstrike.

Last edited by f0ster: 03-30-2012 at 01:47 AM.
f0ster is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike