Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike

Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #1996
k1D4@82

Banned
OMG way too much bs in here..... that's what CS is about....
k1D4@82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1997
Jyllen

My friend sended me his working userdata map. So i downloaded it and replaced it with my own userdata map. Then I set writeprotection to it. I started cs and the problem was fixed.

Now to the bad thing: I started cs again now, and i still have the problem :/ But ye, it seems to be something with the "userdata" files...
Jyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #1998
schoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyllen View Post
My friend sended me his working userdata map. So i downloaded it and replaced it with my own userdata map. Then I set writeprotection to it. I started cs and the problem was fixed.

Now to the bad thing: I started cs again now, and i still have the problem :/ But ye, it seems to be something with the "userdata" files...
i tested many different things including copying the userdata folder from accounts where cs runs fine, it only fixed it for a short time! the userdata folder gets overwritten every time you start steam/cs! i dont think youll be able to find a fix for it with your account to be honest! try to get the account from your friend so you can test it yourself!

Last edited by schoof: 03-28-2012 at 01:20 PM.
schoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 AM   #1999
Jyllen

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoof View Post
i tested many different things including copying the userdata folder from accounts where cs runs fine, it only fixed it for a short time! the userdata folder gets overwritten every time you start steam/cs! i dont think youll be able to find a fix for it with your account to be honest! try to get the account from your friend so you can test it yourself!
Yeah you're right.

Good news: I contacted steam as I said in an earlier post, now they have answered me and they say that they are gonna look this up. I did also send them this thread so hopefully they will check it.

But, as steamsupport is so slow and kinda bad, I dont think they will do anything about it since it is such old game..
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #2000
schoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyllen View Post
Yeah you're right.

Good news: I contacted steam as I said in an earlier post, now they have answered me and they say that they are gonna look this up. I did also send them this thread so hopefully they will check it.

But, as steamsupport is so slow and kinda bad, I dont think they will do anything about it since it is such old game..
i doubt that they will do anything...but hey im willing to be proven false
maybe when enough people who have this problem with their account write to them and give them the postings in this thread where its discussed then steamsupport takes a look into this problem?!?!
schoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #2001
Turambar_1337

What have you exacly wrote Jyllen?
So we can all send to them something similar and they can actually fix this...
Turambar_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #2002
massacremn

Guys,

First of all, lets define what are worse/normal/good/better/best recoil in detail. - define standard

"Good recoil" of some people is "Best recoil" for some people!

So lets define it.

In my experience when my team became Cal-im champ, my recoil was best for me. I had been just knowing where my recoil's gonna shift during spraying with Ak and especially m4a1. First 2-4 bullets with slight adjustment had been going dead middle of the crosshair when I spray/fast shots by usp.

Normal recoil is,
- first bullet goes to middle
- spraying first 5-8 bullets probability going to middle of xhair about 50%
- tap shooting probability to hit 60%

What about you guys?
Lets define it then, discuss the improvements from what point to what point exactly using our defined standard.

Thanks,
MassacrE
massacremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #2003
f0ster

Blaikie I was referring to schoof. He went off topic horridly.

Massacremn - When spraying an AK the bullets should go to the top right of the X hair in a diagonal line, except 2 bullets that will go to the left. A USP should go straight up and down even while moving sideways. Go look at my picture on page 128 and youll get an idea as to what is going on.

Steam/Valve fixed this recoil "bug" in CS Source with an update. A lot of people know about that. There's no reason they cant do the same for cs 1.6.

Go look on youtube for cs recoil videos and youll see the source recoil before and after the update. That proves that it indeed is a problem with steam files, most like the client.dll in cstrike.

Last edited by f0ster: 03-30-2012 at 12:47 AM.
f0ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #2004
Aezakmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0ster View Post
Blaikie I was referring to schoof. He went off topic horridly.

Massacremn - When spraying an AK the bullets should go to the top right of the X hair in a diagonal line, except 2 bullets that will go to the left. A USP should go straight up and down even while moving sideways. Go look at my picture on page 128 and youll get an idea as to what is going on.

Steam/Valve fixed this recoil "bug" in CS Source with an update. A lot of people know about that. There's no reason they cant do the same for cs 1.6.

Go look on youtube for cs recoil videos and youll see the source recoil before and after the update. That proves that it indeed is a problem with steam files, most like the client.dll in cstrike.
HAHA. Now i tested cs source. Recoil is bad, nothing changes. Stop talking about steam account, because the problem also occurs on cs 1.3 and 1.5.
Aezakmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #2005
Jyllen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar_1337 View Post
What have you exacly wrote Jyllen?
So we can all send to them something similar and they can actually fix this...
Heres what I wrote:

Hi there,
I think you should check this thread to see if you can fix the problem. It seems like it's alot of people who have the same problem with this and we all would be really greatful if you could find a solution for it.

Here's the thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=781721

Here's the problem pretty briefly: The problem is that CS isnt so smooth and the recoil and the registery is ed up. You cant jump around and shoot properly, it feels like it goes a bit slower but it doesent. It's kinda "slowmotion" effect.

I do have the right rates and v-sync is off. I also have the standard launchoptions and so on.

I know that Counter-Strike is a 10 year old game, but I think you should fix the problems anyways, coz there is alot of people that love the game and still want to play it...

It seems like its something with some steam-accounts that does this problem, therefore, I think you should already know this and I dont know why you dont fix it. As I said, this has only happened to a few accounts.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...3#post30009713

There you have a great post that kan describe the problem better.

It's something in the folder "userdata" in the Steam Folder that makes this happen and messes up for us. This started some months ago for me and I dont think it's so hard for you to find a solution for it, but I doubt you'll even try. But hey, im willing to be proven false

Sorry for my bad English.

/Jyllen

Category: Game/DLC Questions > Performance Issues

Last edited by Jyllen: 03-30-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #2006
Turambar_1337

Do you think we should all send similar to them?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #2007
phoenix314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezakmi View Post
HAHA. Now i tested cs source. Recoil is bad, nothing changes. Stop talking about steam account, because the problem also occurs on cs 1.3 and 1.5.
You don't ever checked counter-strike 1.3 so dont say so stupid things.
1.3 has beautifull recoil, bulletspread and hb reg.
phoenix314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #2008
Jyllen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar_1337 View Post
Do you think we should all send similar to them?
Yeah, why not
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #2009
Turambar_1337

Done.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #2010
phoenix314

Code:
Recoil Pattern or Weapon Spread Calculation issue report
Ticket number 7937-RXCM-1929 
Email mati1491@gmail.com 

Modify Question Properties Print Question Close Ticket This Question's Message(s) 
1 Message by you on Wed, 29th Feb 2012 7:01 am 
Hello.
Dear Valve/Steam support.

Mateusz from Norway here.
Im playing Counter-Strike 1.6 from year 2009 or 2008.
Earlier i was playing counter-strike 1.3 before creation of steam.

But maybe let's talk about the issue instead of gaming history of mine.
This issue is known in GoldSRC Counter-Strike series from Counter-Strike 1.4 till
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (except Deleted Scenes[Why i will explain later]) among players.
Issue is about wrong calculation or recalculation of next shot bullet. This bug is not present in Counter-Strike 1.3 and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes

Let me explain what i mean at this point:
If i'll take any gun from the gun shop and start shooting single bullet's one by one on the wall there will be spread calculation anomaly shown. it doesn't matter if break before next shot will be long or short the bullets will be in the diffrent places than
center of crosshair.
For example. Take the usp, start shooting at the wall with 5 second break before each other. The bullets will be on the different places instead of one.

to see this clearly you must limit the r_decal value to 1.

I have made a video showing this issue already with couple of weapons.

If you will not understand what i meant with this i will send it to you with added narration
so you will can understand clearly what im talking about.
If you want send me an email adress for correspondention please. 
2 Message by Support Tech Walter on Thu, 1st Mar 2012 3:44 pm 
Hello Mateusz,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Thank you for your comments, we value feedback from the Steam community. I will forward your comments onto the appropriate department.

Additionally, if you wish to share an opinion, suggestion, or idea with the community as well, please visit the Suggestions/Ideas section of the Steam Forums, found here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

This forum is regularly read by Valve's development team. 
3 Message by you on Tue, 13th Mar 2012 12:18 pm 
how is there a progres with new update? 
4 Message by you on Fri, 16th Mar 2012 11:01 am 
kan i know any news? 
5 Message by you on Mon, 19th Mar 2012 5:05 am 
ok it's starting to getting ugly please fix this bug it's here for 2 years!!! 
6 Message by you on Tue, 20th Mar 2012 11:20 am 
where is the suport hello? 
7 Message by you on Wed, 21st Mar 2012 9:22 am 
ok i think it can be a fix for it please ake a beta with this.

Code:
SV_MAXVELOCITY fix 
When a velocity is checked against SV_MAXVELOCITY the Quake engine checks the vector's components (x, y, z) instead of it's resulting length. The check should be done just like the SV_MAXSPEED check.

"sv_phys.c"
void SV_CheckVelocity (edict_t *ent)
{
int i;
float wishspeed; // 1999-10-18 SV_MAXVELOCITY fix by Maddes

//
// bound velocity
//
for (i=0 ; i<3 ; i++)
{
if (IS_NAN(ent->v.velocity[i]))
{
Con_Printf ("Got a NaN velocity on %s\n", pr_strings + ent->v.classname);
ent->v.velocity[i] = 0;
}
if (IS_NAN(ent->v.origin[i]))
{
Con_Printf ("Got a NaN origin on %s\n", pr_strings + ent->v.classname);
ent->v.origin[i] = 0;
}
// 1999-10-18 SV_MAXVELOCITY fix by Maddes start
/*
if (ent->v.velocity[i] > sv_maxvelocity.value)
ent->v.velocity[i] = sv_maxvelocity.value;
else if (ent->v.velocity[i] < -sv_maxvelocity.value)
ent->v.velocity[i] = -sv_maxvelocity.value;
*/
// 1999-10-18 SV_MAXVELOCITY fix by Maddes end
}

// 1999-10-18 SV_MAXVELOCITY fix by Maddes start
wishspeed = Length(ent->v.velocity);
if (wishspeed > sv_maxvelocity.value)
{
VectorScale (ent->v.velocity, sv_maxvelocity.value/wishspeed, ent->v.velocity);
wishspeed = sv_maxvelocity.value;
}
// 1999-10-18 SV_MAXVELOCITY fix by Maddes end
8 Message by you on Wed, 21st Mar 2012 9:23 am ALSO PLEASE CHECK IF YOU HAVE THIS FIXES APPLIED TO HL ENGINE. http://www.inside3d.com/qip/q1/qfix.htm 9 Message by Support Tech Walter on Wed, 21st Mar 2012 2:03 pm Hello Mateusz, We will investigate this matter and take appropriate action. Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report. If you have any further difficulty, please let us know. 10 Message by you on Wed, 28th Mar 2012 6:17 am due to terms and conditions you should keep the game in usable state with providing it with updates or stop selling it if you dont suport it. You are talking about You will send this to developers, take appropriate action from 2 years. Is it really so difficult to make a patch when you can make whole game? fix it or gamers will take appropriate action through law. 11 Message by Support Tech Walter on Fri, 30th Mar 2012 9:18 am Hello Mateusz, Thank you for your comments, we value feedback from the Steam community. Additionally, if you wish to share an opinion, suggestion, or idea with the community as well, please visit the Suggestions/Ideas section of the Steam Forums, found here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...splay.php?f=15 This forum is regularly read by Valve's development team.
Please they don't read it at all. All suport messages are bot generated.
Specific words have specific answers.
Please look at numer 2 and numer 11 in code.
Doesn't it look similar?

Last edited by phoenix314: 03-31-2012 at 05:20 AM.
phoenix314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike