Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sequence

Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Cleril

I Dance To Some Sequence Music - Disorganized fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsmTm6jszUY

That's me, thanks for the song good folks at Iridium, enjoy the video.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Drozd

wish i can dance like you.
Drozd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
IridiumStudios

Iridium Studios
You have no idea how many times I myself have done a less talented version of this in front of my mirror.
IridiumStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
hmp22

Not to be nitpicky but it's not technically "Sequence OST" - Ronny Jenkees put out the album in 2009 and Sequence features some of its songs.

But that's irrelevant. You're a good dancer :3
hmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
setzway

That was pretty good, since I can't dance if my life depended on it. For some reason I always want to move like I am practicing my Martial Arts.

The only thing will say, even though I can't since I have no ability...is that your dance moves didn't "flow" to the beat. In some instances you were close but for the most part it was like you were dancing "off-beat" or you weren't synchronized with the song. You still got some moves though!
setzway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Cleril

Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumStudios View Post
You have no idea how many times I myself have done a less talented version of this in front of my mirror.
Hah, thanks very much, glad you enjoyed the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmp22 View Post
Not to be nitpicky but it's not technically "Sequence OST" - Ronny Jenkees put out the album in 2009 and Sequence features some of its songs.

But that's irrelevant. You're a good dancer :3
Oh, I'm well aware of all that. I simply didn't know the DJs names. Can always add that to the video title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setzway View Post
That was pretty good, since I can't dance if my life depended on it. For some reason I always want to move like I am practicing my Martial Arts.

The only thing will say, even though I can't since I have no ability...is that your dance moves didn't "flow" to the beat. In some instances you were close but for the most part it was like you were dancing "off-beat" or you weren't synchronized with the song. You still got some moves though!
Ah, you see, the song and the dancer have a relationship. The reason I dance off beat or not with the song is because of counting. I always "land" on the metronome's click basically and fill in the empty spaces of the song with moves. If I went constantly with the song entirely it would be very loopy and I'd probably look like I'm having more of a seizure than I already am.

Basically I follow the counts to the song, not the actual electronic sounds themselves.

You can see somewhat what I'm talking about in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deY9nvls2uc

Oh and I hope I don't sound snooty or uptight in this response, just explaining the science of how dance works, in this case, at least. Or maybe I'm just full of poop, who knows.
Cleril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
setzway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleril View Post
Oh and I hope I don't sound snooty or uptight in this response, just explaining the science of how dance works, in this case, at least. Or maybe I'm just full of poop, who knows.
Haha, nah don't worry about. Like I said I got no skills and don't really know what I'm talking about. I was merely going off of aesthetics of what you look like. You still danced pretty well, I couldn't pull off any of that. I'd end up doing hammerblows or roudhouse kicks.
setzway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sequence