Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Kayato

This game is no longer supported.

Hi, I bought this game some month ago (maybe Xmas, I don't remenber) and it never work!

So I contacted Steam support and we try some solution, no one worked.

So I ask to Warner Bros and after some week this is the answer.

Hi,
Only the Xbox Live version of this game is supported by us. The other versions are no longer supported.

2012/3/28 WB Support >
Best Regards,

Christopher L.

Now I will try (again) with the developer, Other Ocean, but they have this message under the mail adress:

Do NOT send job applications or inquiries to this address. They will not be read. If you're interested in working for us, please apply online in our jobs section.

I hope someone still support this games, otherwise who take the cash??
Old 03-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
skateblind

Warner Bros will still take the cash, but they will not try and help you. I am actually shocked that they would say that so soon after release.

[EDIT] The inquiries means job inquiries. So don't send job applications or job inquiries. Go ahead and email them, then come back and let use know what happened.

Last edited by skateblind: 03-29-2012 at 12:36 PM.
skateblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Dorian

Banned
Yeah, that's situation I'm exactly telling about. So they're still picking our money, made official product on Steam platform (PC platform), and they did not support it?! Seriously, how big their nerve is? And they're keep telling about piracy? What the hell, if you release product, and dont support it, how the hell you think we will love you and keep buying it?

That's what my idea is, we're simply making a big community letter, with cheater lists, suggestion, community requests, and sent it to them, spamming, doing everything, but waiting for official words.

More support, means more love from community, and more money from them. Because when product is supported(for example, see tf2, even before play for free), it just cant die, game will be active all time, and everyone will be ing happy.

But if product is not supporting and it's just ported to say to us " off", it's gonna die in 3 months, and their profits will be extremly low. They're only harm themselves.

Last edited by Dorian: 03-29-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
qqwqqw

Hey guys i dont want to diasappoint but u're far from reality. Take a look at one little fact. After 2 months in the umk3 leaderboards just about 2000 players. Lets suppose that same amount never played online (the leaderboards show those players whose rating has been changed)

Now lets do some math. 2000*2=4000. Now compare 4000 to 100 000 at least such numbers can be interesting for WB and other giants. With such sales i tell u for sure its even not profitable!
Think about it, 4000 copies 10$ each -> 40k $ after 2 month??? For WB??? ROFL!

Last edited by qqwqqw: 03-30-2012 at 01:09 AM.
qqwqqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
Dorian

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwqqw View Post
Hey guys i dont want to diasappoint but u're far from reality. Take a look at one little fact. After 2 months in the umk3 leaderboards just about 2000 players. Lets suppose that same amount never played online (the leaderboards show those players whose rating has been changed)

Now lets do some math. 2000*2=4000. Now compare 4000 to 100 000 at least such numbers can be interesting for WB and other giants. With such sales i tell u for sure its even not profitable!
Think about it, 4000 copies 10$ each -> 40k $ after 2 month??? For WB??? ROFL!
And so? They released it, with high price, without any advert company. They should keep supporting it, because they have made decision to port it on PC. IF they wants profits of course.
If we compare people on xbla or ps3, we can see double numbers of players(4000 pc copies, versus 8000 copies console), because on a western market, consoles are more popular than pc. If we see hardcore old MK players, they're still playing on MAME, PC, no problem.

Problem is, game was dead from day 1 of release, too bugged, didnt polished. Like there was no beta testing in their office, no QA testing. Unfinished product. Also, it's stupid to go out like that. Making cocky console port to PC, only with 2 things: leaderboards, and dead matchmaking.(With worst gfwl) But game is about hit 20 years old, what are they thinking?

IF WB is a such big company, then they, could at least, made finished product, without bugs. But that crappy release, only proves, that WB is dont care, it's hit their reputation as a big and and bad publisher. Not a surprise for me.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
qqwqqw

The key word is UNPROFITABLE, those guys are not altruists they respecting only the profit! MK9 currently fully feed their needs(supporting Mortal Kombat brand and income).

And as someone already said good that MKAK even has been released for PC. Im still wondering how did they could not forcast the sales rates and didn't stopped development. Also maybe they forecasted and allocated exactly such amount of time(money) for fixing bugs as probable profit could be. Today the profit really low. No profit - no support! The statement "when they fix all bugs people will start to buying" w'ont work in case of MKAK cuz its not mainstream game. Max it can bring part of MAME users. Core players already bought MKAK, peak growth was right after release.
qqwqqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Dorian

Banned
Anyway, I can't agree with you. Unprofitable - they should know that, if they're clever. Game is old, and mame players dont want to pay money for an old product, with horrible multiplayer. Core players, like me, bought it only to say that i'm actually interested in PC fighting market, even if there's no support. To be good company - they should at least fix bugs. But WB is nerve one, they sell game, and doesnt support it. Even if it's unprofitable, it's their mistake.

I bet, if they'll make small advert company about MK9 on pc, and release it on steam aswell as MK:AK, profits will be big, massive. Because that kind of fighting - is totally mainstream, it's what all waiting from, even players for SF will be happy to play it on PC. As a bonus, they could later release MK:AK for hardcore fans. But they released crappy port release, without any changes. GG.

Lets just spam tweets about mk 9 on pc here https://twitter.com/#!/wb_games, ed boon owns nothing.

Last edited by Dorian: 03-30-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Kayato

If a game is no longer suported for me is equal to a Abandonware title, so can't be selled. WB is a big company but they don't know nothing about games and this is the evidence! DVD and BRAY of movie don't require support service.
Kayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
krakatau

If they had actually implemented an online play which worked, the game would have sold much better on the PC in my opinion. The way I see it is that a lot of people probably don't want to pay for a game that's not much better than the MAME version they can play for free.

If the online play sucks, what intensive is there to buy it?
krakatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #10
UncleBionic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krakatau View Post
If they had actually implemented an online play which worked, the game would have sold much better on the PC in my opinion. The way I see it is that a lot of people probably don't want to pay for a game that's not much better than the MAME version they can play for free.

If the online play sucks, what intensive is there to buy it?
Sucks?
How?
I dont have any problems.
UncleBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #11
krakatau

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBionic View Post
Sucks?
How?
I dont have any problems.
I haven't been able to play too many matches online because nobody's ever playing. However I have played a few matches and I had experienced pretty bad lag. However, I base judgement on the online play based on what people have been saying on the forums and articles such as these which mention the online play not being so good:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/08/...ayable-online/

http://www.giantbomb.com/mortal-komb...32744/reviews/
Old 08-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
UncleBionic

Those reviews are for PSN, not for PC. That game was indeed utterly broken, but it got patched later on.
The PC version had that patch right from the beginning.

What comes to your lag problem... well it really depends from the distance between you and your opponent. I live in in Europe, and I get some lags too when I play against people in Brazil or US, not against everyone, but most. Then again against European players, I have encountered 0% lag.
UncleBionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #13
Kayato

-Bad Porting
-GFWL
-No support
Kayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
krakatau

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBionic View Post
Those reviews are for PSN, not for PC. That game was indeed utterly broken, but it got patched later on.
The PC version had that patch right from the beginning.

What comes to your lag problem... well it really depends from the distance between you and your opponent. I live in in Europe, and I get some lags too when I play against people in Brazil or US, not against everyone, but most. Then again against European players, I have encountered 0% lag.
Now that you mention it, I'm playing from China. I guess that explains why I'm getting so much lag.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection