Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 03-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
JBLansing

How can I get to the configuration files

I have read in several places that to fix problems with mouse lag you should go to the configuration file and turn off mouse acceleration. My problem is that when I go to the steamapps/common/deus ex folder there are no config. files, only files labled "bigfile.000" "bigfile.001", etc. In contrast, if I look at my Skyrim folder I find a "skyrim_default" config file. Skyrim was a retail purchase while Deus Ex was bought through Steam. Is that the problem or am I just looking in the wrong place. the mouse lag is so bad the game is really unplayable so any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
JB
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
mes_gots_its

If memory serves, it should be located in DeusEx.ini, just open it with a text editor and look for mouse acceleration settings and change it to "False." If I'm wrong (which I could be), the proper file to modify should be somewhere within the Deus Ex > System folder.
mes_gots_its is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
JBLansing

My problem is that I cannot locate the DeusEx.ini file. The only Deus Ex folder I can find is under "Steam/steamapps/common/deus ex-human revolution" and that folder does not contain the DeusEx.ini file. I suspect it is because I bought the game through Steam so what is on my computer is not the same as what you have if you buy the game retail. That makes the game as purchased through Steam useless so other buyers should beware.
JB
JBLansing is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series