Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 03-31-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
deadzell

General advice on upgrading to a Desktop. (Playing CS:GO)

Hi there, about 6 years ago I used to play a lot of counter strike, played 1.6 and CZ, and obviously my computer was absolutely fine with these. On hearing the release of CS:GO was coming, I decided to start playing again, and managed to get a beta key.

My laptop has huge problems actually booting up the game/maps (Ram problem?) and in-game I'm down to the lowest settings and still experiencing problems, so I'm upgrading to a desktop.

Right now I'm pretty clueless. Obviously I know I just need higher specs, but what kind of system am I looking at to run a game like CS:GO on decent/high settings with a good FPS? I was thinking of buying everything seperately and putting it together just to be economical. I'm working with around £300 - what are the pros and cons of AMD systems compared to intel? Sorry, practically clueless, any help will be much appreciated! Anyone who has CS:GO and is playing it perfectly, your specs will be helpful too!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems