Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Painkiller series

Old 03-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Painkiller uk

Painkiller Recurring Evil keeps on crashing

Hi all hope some one can help me on this. I am playing the above and am on the Hells Highway part of the game trouble is now my game crashes at every atempt to load from a saved game!!.this is for both quick saves and checkpoints. I get the loading screen load bar moves half way then freezes and its crashed.Egtooth if you read this thanks for keeping this title alive,good on you.
System info as folows...
i7 2600k@4.2ghz
Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
Kingston 8gb ram
Saphire 6950x2 crossfire
Windows7 64 bit
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
ratcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller uk View Post
Hi all hope some one can help me on this. I am playing the above and am on the Hells Highway part of the game trouble is now my game crashes at every atempt to load from a saved game!!.this is for both quick saves and checkpoints. I get the loading screen load bar moves half way then freezes and its crashed.Egtooth if you read this thanks for keeping this title alive,good on you.
System info as folows...
i7 2600k@4.2ghz
Asus P8Z68-V Gen3
Kingston 8gb ram
Saphire 6950x2 crossfire
Windows7 64 bit
I am having exactly the same problem, Same place I was able to load an earlier Autosave but cant even do that. I thought it was my Creative Sound card so I took it out and tried the onboard sound but no go. Intel 950 i7 6 GB corsair win 7 64 bit. Intel DX58SO MOBO Please help - ratcat

Last edited by ratcat: 03-21-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added sys specs
ratcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
prozakky

Ditto. All save-games from Level 2 won't load, but Lev 1 ones do. Bummer!
prozakky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
ratcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozakky View Post
Ditto. All save-games from Level 2 won't load, but Lev 1 ones do. Bummer!
I think I have worked out the problem but not how to fix it yet. I went to Event viewer under administrative tool (in control panel) each time I had the crash and under application logs I found Creative labs SC at the exact moment of the crash (date and time). Even though I have uninstalled every single bit of creative software on my PC it seems that Creative Alchemy is still running somehow. I cannot see it in add/remove programs or program files. Looks like I will have to do a manual cleanout of the registry unless I can find a program that will uninstall it. Anyway thats whats causing the problem it seems. If you guys have a look at task manager, see if you can see alchemy cleanup after the crash.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
JK_DC

Alchemy only adds dsound.dll and dsound.ini to the root directory. If they aren't there it is not the problem. You would've had to open Alchemy and add Painkiller to the list. It won't add it without your permission.
JK_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
ratcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcat View Post
I think I have worked out the problem but not how to fix it yet. I went to Event viewer under administrative tool (in control panel) each time I had the crash and under application logs I found Creative labs SC at the exact moment of the crash (date and time). Even though I have uninstalled every single bit of creative software on my PC it seems that Creative Alchemy is still running somehow. I cannot see it in add/remove programs or program files. Looks like I will have to do a manual cleanout of the registry unless I can find a program that will uninstall it. Anyway thats whats causing the problem it seems. If you guys have a look at task manager, see if you can see alchemy cleanup after the crash.
It seems that was not the problem, The Creative Alchemy crash happened before I started PK, so there is something else causing the crash but nothing is showing in Event viewer. Just cannot play this game, does anyone have an answer?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Painkiller series