Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Warlander

How do i get a refund?

I just bought this minutes ago didnt realize it was point to click with no WASD this I want my money back , how do i do it?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Warlander

SO it seems steam is a big pile of and wont allow refunds... im angry right now, who the makes a game these days without basic wasd support, what is this ing 1990?

is there a way to mod this? has someone? if so where, not that i should ing have to !
Old 03-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
TheOnlyTrueZak

Yes, I don't like it, too. All of the diablo-clones are click-fests. After playing this game for 30 minutes my index finger gets tired. As for the mods, check http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/. They have all kinds of mods for the game.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Hi2u! Tw1TcH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlander View Post
SO it seems steam is a big pile of and wont allow refunds... im angry right now, who the makes a game these days without basic wasd support, what is this ing 1990?

is there a way to mod this? has someone? if so where, not that i should ing have to !
Could try to submit a support ticket and request a refund based on misinformation from the description.

I don't think you'll make a good first impression if you include so many pink hearts though. Not likely to get a refund with that attitude.

As far as what year it is, perhaps you could ask Blizzard, they are releasing Diablo 3 come May 15 with the same control scheme as Torchlight.

Maybe you really have entered a time warp?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
gc|Spitfire

Why didn't you try the demo first?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Jackolas

Don't worry Mass Effect 3.5 and Call Of D00dy Modern wankfest 11 are that way ->
Old 03-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Warlander

Ok so i was jarateed at first, i still dont like point click games, but i forced myself to play this, and its a damn good game, just a shame about the controls.

what i dont get is this is on xbox, which means they had to have given free movement, so why wasnt it implemented on the pc?
Old 03-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #8
Webbstre

Long answer short: The XBLA port was a huge time consuming project of most of the development team for a few months to port the game over and then alter it within the coding system the XBox uses to make it feel good with a controller. Apparently porting these changes back to the PC version would take nearly as long, as you have to do everything twice but reverse the direct (so to speak) of the code changes. It came out to be something that wasn't worth the money to try, as they needed to get back to work on Torchlight 2 rather than add new features to a game they had already sold.

Hopefully that makes sense? Most of these kinds of games on the PC are click-based, with the left hand reserved for hotkeys. The dev team is small and they don't have unlimited resources to provide control schemes that would please everyone, so they go with what they are used to.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
Golden Void

Quote:
Ok so i was jarateed at first, i still dont like point click games, but i forced myself to play this, and its a damn good game, just a shame about the controls.

what i dont get is this is on xbox, which means they had to have given free movement, so why wasnt it implemented on the pc?
The XBox game came out years after the PC version and was a port, so they had to support a control pad.

For the record, I have played both the PC version and the XBox version a lot (deep into the Shadow Vault on both), and I can report that this game is FAR superior played with a control pad with direct control of your character than with a KB and Mouse which is very clunky in comparison. I just hope Blizz give us that option with Diablo 3.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
spyrochaete

Quote:
+rep for being so cool about it in the end
Old 03-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
Urko

Point and click in this style of game aint no hardship, get real.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #12
MrMcGarnical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Void View Post
For the record, I have played both the PC version and the XBox version a lot (deep into the Shadow Vault on both), and I can report that this game is FAR superior played with a control pad with direct control of your character than with a KB and Mouse which is very clunky in comparison.
Seconded. It'd be nice to have the controlpad controls in the PC version as they really are better. Hopefully they are included in Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
jimpower

Maybe do a little research before blindly buying a game next time eh?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
BooCheese

What is the problem with clicking?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
darkdomino

This is an indy game, and you probably only paid 9.99.... less if you waited for the 75% off steam sale.

9.99 is nothing for a game like this. You almost can't even buy a meal for one at a sit-down restaurant for 9.99 these days. Chill out dude.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series