Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #46
Porcupeth

Wow. You guys take it easy. This subject matter is not the end of the world nor anything to get worked up about

I say it'll be a spring sale, you have your doubts, that's fine. Tuesday will prove some of us right and life will go on, big deal?

Don't ruin mah Trine 2 mood.
Porcupeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #47
Bobafett2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupeth View Post
Wow. You guys take it easy. This subject matter is not the end of the world nor anything to get worked up about

I say it'll be a spring sale, you have your doubts, that's fine. Tuesday will prove some of us right and life will go on, big deal
Umm... I am taking it easy, and did I say it was the end of the world? or get worked up about it? Nope.

But really, If you're making these sort of claims, you should back them up when you get called out on them.
Bobafett2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #48
Tryp

I'm a longtime fan of TES games, have played them since Arena, but I won't be buying Skyrim until it's significantly discounted. Three reasons for this stand out in my mind:

1 - The whole fact that Steam is, well, *renting* games that you purchase and not actually owning them is a big deterrent for me spending more than $20-25 for any single game.

2 - The vendors in these games have consistently been annoyingly short of cash to purchase your plundered treasure, while at the same time the games are a virtual monty haul full of crap to find.

3 - They are, granted, LOADS of fun to play and a hell of a lot of entertainment time per game, BUT they are consistently filled with annoying bugs, glitches and freeze-ups, some of which are game breaking and end up requiring third party fixes. I don't understand Bethesda's refusal to fix such things in a game as amazing as Skyrim...
Tryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #49
avcvincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevanchist View Post
I have heard many things in my life. All of them are true, especially the ones from random sources.
Had me in stitches!
avcvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #50
real4xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummydrop View Post
My uncle works for Nintendo, he told me that HL ep3 is coming out tomorrow and it'll be 99% off.
Yeah, the Crowbar Edition is already released.
http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/p...r-edition.html

("Remember it`s the first day of April, fool!")

Last edited by real4xor: 04-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.
real4xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #51
lavacano201014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryp View Post
1 - The whole fact that Steam is, well, *renting* games that you purchase and not actually owning them is a big deterrent for me spending more than $20-25 for any single game.
ehh not really - you never "owned" your game, even in the disc era. The EULAs back then all said only one person (you) was allowed to play. Steam's just enforcing that.

Quote:
2 - The vendors in these games have consistently been annoyingly short of cash to purchase your plundered treasure, while at the same time the games are a virtual monty haul full of crap to find.
Hit multiple vendors, and buy useful things at the same time you sell junk.

Quote:
3 - They are, granted, LOADS of fun to play and a hell of a lot of entertainment time per game, BUT they are consistently filled with annoying bugs, glitches and freeze-ups, some of which are game breaking and end up requiring third party fixes. I don't understand Bethesda's refusal to fix such things in a game as amazing as Skyrim...
Bethesda doesn't refuse, they just can't. They really need to scrap Bethbryo completely and move to something like Unreal Engine or Source, instead of just sticking a new script editor in the construction kit and calling it a new engine.
lavacano201014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #52
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:

I say it'll be a spring sale, you have your doubts, that's fine. Tuesday will prove some of us right and life will go on, big deal?

Hmm, It amazes me how some (younger?) people on here seem to think solid discussion or disagreement is "working themselves up". I can only suggest that it may be an indication of their own behaviour.

I can assure you that like Bobafett, I was (and am) in no way, worked up.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #53
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavacano201014 View Post
ehh not really - you never "owned" your game, even in the disc era. The EULAs back then all said only one person (you) was allowed to play. Steam's just enforcing that.
Of course, this depends where you live and the respective laws, but that certainly isn't true for some parts of the world.

Certainly here in England and Wales, you own the game on disc, it remains YOUR property. Of course, with PC games that matter is rendered slightly moot, but certainly as far as any console game or any other where you can easily sell it on, you DO own it in entirety, otherwise you would not have legal right to do so.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
JosephLeakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
Of course, this depends where you live and the respective laws, but that certainly isn't true for some parts of the world.

Certainly here in England and Wales, you own the game on disc, it remains YOUR property. Of course, with PC games that matter is rendered slightly moot, but certainly as far as any console game or any other where you can easily sell it on, you DO own it in entirety, otherwise you would not have legal right to do so.
I'm getting flashbacks.
Good flashbacks.

Anyway, I'm fairly certain that Skyrim was put on sale recently. I wouldn't hope for another discount until the Summer...
JosephLeakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #55
notdeadyet01

Quote:
Originally Posted by real4xor View Post
Yeah, the Crowbar Edition is already released.
http://multiplayer.com/videogiochi/p...r-edition.html

("Remember it`s the first day of April, fool!")
Kinda makes me wanna buy it just for the crowbar.....
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #56
Bobafett2k6

Quote:

Yup. You were wrong.
Bobafett2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #57
Porcupeth

Woe me
Porcupeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #58
Rulan

50% off mid april for the DLC reveal
Rulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #59
serieus1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
Hmm, It amazes me how some (younger?) people on here seem to think solid discussion or disagreement is "working themselves up". I can only suggest that it may be an indication of their own behaviour.

I can assure you that like Bobafett, I was (and am) in no way, worked up.
I don't know about you, but this discussion sure has worked up an appetite. Hopefully we can all sit down and chow together and continue to discuss random assumptions on whether or not Steam will colonize the moon, I mean whether or not Steam will have a 66% off sale for Skyrim. So easily confused between those two.

Unless you have like a twitter feed from Bethesda or Steam themselves saying this, I don't think anyone else would be able to prove any of this. So why don't we just go back to discussing when HL3 is coming out?
serieus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #60
Simian_

If Skyrim goes 66% off, I am gonna snag that so fast...
Simian_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion