Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Brawl Busters

Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Odins Raven

It's ok!! The MODS on the official forum says it's not dying!

So I guess it's not dying, false alarm guys!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
JayceMJ

Here's the post:

http://forum.brawlbusters.com/forum/...rawl-Buster-Co.

I've only been playing this game for 4 or so days and I'm already to the point that I recognize almost everyone I'm playing with. I've even been recognized and kicked from games just because I've kicked someone's handedly in past games I've played.

This game is fun but there's a lot of annoying flaws that progressively makes the game less fun.

-Lack of competitive ladder.
-Lack of a good team balance tool. Levels aren't indicative of skill.
-Levels take forever. I have 6 hours in game and I'm only level 8. This doesn't include the amount of time spent finding a game which is much longer than games take to play.
-Pay to win gear. Developers should have learned to avoid this by now. No matter how fun your game is if you sell stats and not just sped up progression you're going to make the players unhappy. Not to mention those glasses are the only way to get bonus movement speed and are all stat boosts that a free player can't get. This game takes the exact opposite approach where cosmetics are a quick buy and only purchasable with game earned money while stat increasing items aren't a quick buy and can be purchased with real money. On top of that they jarate on the free to play gamers by giving items a break chance when upgrading.
-Balance in game is really off. For example you can stun lock a target with a Rocker. And the spawn invulnerability is way too long.
-You can't swap weapons in game or in the lobby. You have to exit all the way to your locker in order to access your arsenal.

Last edited by JayceMJ: 03-08-2012 at 08:52 AM.
JayceMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Frailavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceMJ View Post
Here's the post:

I've only been playing this game for 4 or so days and I'm already to the point that I recognize almost everyone I'm playing with. I've even been recognized and kicked from games just because I've kicked someone's handedly in past games I've played.

This game is fun but there's a lot of annoying flaws that progressively makes the game less fun.

-Levels take forever. I have 6 hours in game and I'm only level 8. This doesn't include the amount of time spent finding a game which is much longer than games take to play.
-Pay to win gear. Developers should have learned to avoid this by now. No matter how fun your game is if you sell stats and not just sped up progression you're going to make the players unhappy. Not to mention those glasses are the only way to get bonus movement speed and are all stat boosts that a free player can't get. This game takes the exact opposite approach where cosmetics are a quick buy and only purchasable with game earned money while stat increasing items aren't a quick buy and can be purchased with real money. On top of that they jarate on the free to play gamers by giving items a break chance when upgrading.
-Balance in game is really off. For example you can stun lock a target with a Rocker. And the spawn invulnerability is way too long.
-You can't swap weapons in game or in the lobby. You have to exit all the way to your locker in order to access your arsenal.
-Competitive ladder is coming soon.
-It will always be bad, there's no real way to judge skill and make a balance feature work unless it's based off some kind of ELO from Ranked Matches.
-The levels are a pain to grind out, but half the reason it's such a bother is because there is an obvious lack of content that will hopefully be filled.
-I haven't tested this in-depth, though I can tell if they keep pushing this pay'd advantage any farther without having some kind of in-game cash alternative it'll go downhill fast.
-Spawn invulnerability is being talked about already. Up to the Devs now.
-For sure, there are a lack of some essential and standard features that I'm hoping will be added without too much delay.
Frailavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
eveningninja

...yeah, I pretty much agree with all of what TS said. I'm probably done with the game for now until some/all of these points are addressed to some extent.
eveningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
failjob

Quote:
-Balance in game is really off. For example you can stun lock a target with a Rocker.
I don't know who you're playing against but you can easily escape out of it. And I believe if anyone can ACTUALLY stun-lock someone then it's the Boxer.

Last edited by failjob: 03-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.
failjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Odins Raven

well I have uninstalled the game, good luck to you all!
Odins Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #7
aersixb9

Did you enjoy the gameplay, or are you those nonexistant cheaters that ruin all those other games? Hooray, there are some manifesting, however the teamwork mostly and slower run speeds and more line of sight/slower weapons at range and more melee means much less cheating, and suddenly it's about the players and their quickly (in milliseconds and 120fps) interwoven decisions and reflexive actions in two competivie teams, that resemble a modern unique mix of chess, sports, and of the old jungle way of the meat too, in a way that causes me to frequently (estimated at 65% of games i'm playing and not togglin thru, ez server hosting with kcikin too, 1v1 ok up to 4v4, needs more options and variety , but otherwise the core gameplay of mmo + console/style action movement playback ("zelda like") works great in an mmo style, I might go play it again, and I bet the actual players who get as though they are tense, like they're actually fighting a bit actiony like a sport, also with the chess like teams and numbers and ranges, moves, along with the computer being its own thing, i mean AD&D was the most complex 'game' prior to computers, and no crpg now is uh....well they are less complex, and more too, most of them have less than it seems they could too, something limiting them being the army laws should be of violence and not what is built civilly too, save for all issues that are of upon homicide or of warfare external too, and if someone can rob you without any violence or threat implied whatsoever, the things or land was never yours at all except in lie to intiate violence too
aersixb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
PsyErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by aersixb9 View Post
snip
Damn dude you go off on such a long wild tangent about things that after awhile no one cares what is said. If what you typed was intresting I wouldn't mind but most is just not worth it when the post is the length of a novel. I'm sure that took you awhile but geezuz man cut back next time.

Last edited by PsyErotica: 03-20-2012 at 03:47 PM.
PsyErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
TheCowboyBebop

now THAT^^^ Is a wall of text, and won't read one word of it lol
TheCowboyBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Jundosmack

Talking

that Wall of text screams, "I need a life" and there is no way I'm reading it xD although I did have to take the time to lol at it.
Jundosmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
OxZnipZnipOx

Quote:
Here's the post:

-It isint hard at all to level i passed level 8 in half an hour.

-Balance in game is good you just need to learn your way out of things.And the spawn invulnerability is perfect just as it is.

-Btw notice the date of the post as it is old.2012-03-07

Last edited by OxZnipZnipOx: 06-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.
OxZnipZnipOx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Brawl Busters