Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II

Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Tekkor

Post [video] CK2 LP Series (and tutorial series)

Heyas all. I just thought I would post a link to the new LP series I just started for some people maybe interested in seeing a bit more about the game. You can see the listing for the LP series here:

Let's Play CK2 - Tekk's Tavern

For people very new to the game and Paradox strategy games in general I also posted a tutorial series that covers alot of the basics and early game concepts that I have previously listed in these forums but figured I would list here as well:

CK2 Tutorial Series - Tekk's Tavern

My hope is that these help create more interest in the game and help people to get going and have fun.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Xunwael

I watched your totorial vids a couple of days ago, searching for CK2 let's play, and skipping over a couple of pretty terrible ones. Really took me from starting the game up and looking at the 30-odd totorials going "wtf?" to being able to actually play it.
Xunwael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Tekkor

Just wanted to update this thread since there is a fair amount of new players coming to the game. Hope the tutorial linked above helps get new players into the game and expands the playerbase for this great game.

My LP series is up to episode 11...be sure to check that out as well.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!!
Tekkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
winterforge

Your videos are better than the functional, yet somewhat lacking in-game tutorial. Really helps a newcomer to the strategy genre like me. I have always wanted to really delve into a good strategy game, and I have finally taken then plunge. Thanks for helping get me past the daunting first steps of bewilderment +rep
winterforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
Killzemallgod

best way to learn a game is to lose thats where all the fun is.
Killzemallgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
postal83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzemallgod View Post
best way to learn a game is to lose thats where all the fun is.

You wouldn't happen to be a dwarf fortress player would you? lol
postal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
Tekkor

Just for those interested my LP series that is listed above just hit 20 episodes...and we are still going. Series has gone pretty well so far and has had some great twists and turns and things happening. Plus I insert little surprises in videos here and there.

So if your looking for something to watch after the tutorial series I did make sure you check the LP series.

Thanks for all the great feedback from everyone. It is appreciated.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
James009

Thanks for posting those tutorial videos, really helped me understand the game to the point where I'm actually slightly competent at it.
James009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Tekkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James009 View Post
Thanks for posting those tutorial videos, really helped me understand the game to the point where I'm actually slightly competent at it.
Hehe no problem. If you watch my LP series (which is up to 35 episodes) you will see I am constantly learning as well. I make sure to check comments and get tips from people in messages etc all the time.

Of course sometimes I purposely do some things for the sake of playing the game for fun and story/character reasons...so I dont always make the optimal moves....but it makes the game more interesting I think. =)
Old 04-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #10
wittyfox62

You're doing well with those videos .. trouble is .. i'm spending more time watching your games than playing mine .. lol
wittyfox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
Tekkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyfox62 View Post
You're doing well with those videos .. trouble is .. i'm spending more time watching your games than playing mine .. lol
Haha! No worries...any time spent with Ck2 is time well spent!!

Thanks for the comments though and for watching. My main inspiration as I said before was that even if I only helped 5-6 people to be able to play the game and have fun...then mission accomplished..so I think Ive done at least that. =)
Old 05-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Tekkor

Just thought I would bump this up again for new people getting the game and wanting to get some more info on it. My LP series is up to episode 41 and still going.

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
summitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkor View Post
Just thought I would bump this up again for new people getting the game and wanting to get some more info on it. My LP series is up to episode 41 and still going.

Thanks for all the great comments and feedback.
Your Video's are helping me alot thankyou , I am a fellow LP'er too and I appreciate the work you have put into these Video's please keep them going

Ps if you sometime decide to do Hearts of Iron and Victoria 2 let me know ! :-)
summitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
Tekkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitus View Post
Your Video's are helping me alot thankyou , I am a fellow LP'er too and I appreciate the work you have put into these Video's please keep them going

Ps if you sometime decide to do Hearts of Iron and Victoria 2 let me know ! :-)
Will do. My LP series for CK2 is still going (47 episodes now) so anyone looking to see more about the game feel free to check it out. Appreciate all the comments etc.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
imperialus

Loving the LP series. I've learned a lot from them. Glad to hear it's still going too. I'm just about to start watching episode 40.
imperialus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crusader Kings II