Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
alexpre888
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 19
Posts: 71
Question Salvaged Crate?

see I found a "salvaged crate" and not sure what is the difference between the normal crates and I really have no interest in crates since i don't use keys for it.

but a lot of peeps are offering me trade request because of this little measly crate.


tell me what is so valuable about this crate?
alexpre888 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
TheFoxyBox
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 47
Posts: 212
Slavaged crates are a lot rarer than regular crates. The contents also cost/are worth a lot more than the contents of regular crates.
TheFoxyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Ψ-Forks-Ψ
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 234
Posts: 941
Don't get lowballed for it, I saw someone get an unusual for one.

I also saw someone give one away for 2 weapons.
Ψ-Forks-Ψ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Slash125
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 116
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoxyBox View Post
Slavaged crates are a lot rarer than regular crates. The contents also cost/are worth a lot more than the contents of regular crates.
Which pretty much sucks, because I really do want a strange gunslinger but people have to overprice things like that >:T
Slash125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
violencejr1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 125
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ψ-Forks-Ψ View Post
Don't get lowballed for it, I saw someone get an unusual for one.

I also saw someone give one away for 2 weapons.
Well the person who traded the unusual hat for it pretty much got a bad deal.

Obviously this guy who traded 2 weapons got a sweet deal, but the other guy just got low balled hard.
violencejr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Ψ-Forks-Ψ
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 234
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by violencejr1 View Post
Well the person who traded the unusual hat for it pretty much got a bad deal.

Obviously this guy who traded 2 weapons got a sweet deal, but the other guy just got low balled hard.
I was merely pointing out the spectrum of what I've seen for the 40 crate. The person who got 2 weapons for it got completely screwed, but from what I've seen the going rate is about 2 buds.
Ψ-Forks-Ψ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
Slash125
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 116
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ψ-Forks-Ψ View Post
I was merely pointing out the spectrum of what I've seen for the 40 crate. The person who got 2 weapons for it got completely screwed, but from what I've seen the going rate is about 2 buds.
I don't care what people say, that's overpriced
Slash125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Kally Wally
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 24
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash125 View Post
Which pretty much sucks, because I really do want a strange gunslinger but people have to overprice things like that >:T
Well, there's your first problem.

Seriously though, salvaged crates feel really arbitrary and stupid, but traders and Valve can get away with it because people want those stranges. Although I'm not really sure what Valve has to gain from them - increased key sales, maybe?
Kally Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Slash125
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 116
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kally Wally View Post
Well, there's your first problem.

Seriously though, salvaged crates feel really arbitrary and stupid, but traders and Valve can get away with it because people want those stranges. Although I'm not really sure what Valve has to gain from them - increased key sales, maybe?
HEY, HEY. It's a fun weapon to mess around with! And it's not like it's terrible D:

Gotta agree with the crate thing though and not gonna lie, I kinda raged about it xD
Slash125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
Icy14
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 3
Posts: 63
2 buds? That is outrageous. The weapons in the crate are barely even worth that much.

But if that's true, I sooooo hope I find a salvaged before they take it out this time. Never got lucky for crate #30, but I hope I can find a #40.

It'd be so amazing to have about 100 refined worth. I could sell it off in Paypal and get some useful things.
Icy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Argeon
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 1284
Posts: 4,759
If you don't want it, I'll give you my most valued possession in my backpack. A Balaclavas are Forever Bills. Sure, this isn't the trading forum, nor is my offer great, but I really want a strange sapper for my spy :3
Argeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Calvinandhobbes
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 816
Posts: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argeon View Post
If you don't want it, I'll give you my most valued possession in my backpack. A Balaclavas are Forever Bills. Sure, this isn't the trading forum, nor is my offer great, but I really want a strange sapper for my spy :3
It's too bad that's still a lowball on it.
Calvinandhobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Shradow
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 1198
Posts: 6,535
Assuming you mean #40, those things are going for, what, a Buds right now? I suggest selling it now before prices settle down to about 6/7 keys like with 30.
Shradow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
TheMadHatta
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 35
just in case no one pointed it out, thats an amazing drop and it sells for 6-7 keys last i checked, ppl were really complaining about 7 keys, and if u were patient u could find em for 5 keys. They might have gone up to 8 keys or more by now.

Check tf2outpost.com thats the best place to sell one of those bad boys. Too bad they dont drop anymore i lucked out and got one farming last week tho, and i already have all the strange weps from it and an extra crate just to flaunt XD
TheMadHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
Lucio 1995
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 18
Posts: 310
Makes me sad how they all hurry to confuse a new player and take advantage >_>
Lucio 1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.