Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
awzum

Food?

I'm quite new with this game. After exploring the souther area of that B-city (can't remember name :P) I managed to find those god damn ruins wich were actually pretty easy to find.. from North..

Anyway, now that I can go on, I started to wonder if there's any food to restore your health? I tried to do some research. But I'm not sure did I get it right: There's no food that restores health? If so, are health potions / spells easy to get, or am I just going to pray the god I wont take much damage in those ruins ?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
hayali_icraat

When you bring your cursor over a food item, you can see it's effects. Some of them restore fatigue, some of them do other magical things, some of them restore health. It depends on the food. (You may need to have a little high alchemy skill for that)

You can find health potions easily enough. Especially skeletons drop'em. You can also buy from certain shops and guilds. Resting is another (albeit longer) way of restoring your health. If you want to do it using spells, you need to be a little good with restoration skill. Otherwise you'll fail (a lot) to cast the spell. There's also "healers" mod, which add healers to temples. They heal you for a price, sometimes even for free.
hayali_icraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
awzum

Alright. I guess I just had wrong type of food in my inventory.

I know about sleeping, but I meant during fights. I found out hard way that you indeed can fail your spells Gotta get some potions I guess... Figher's guild gave a few.
awzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
hayali_icraat

Here's a list of foods that restore health but be warned: They only restore a few HPs. So, potions are a much more efficient way of healing your wounds.
hayali_icraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
JustRed

yeah food is actually classed as alchemy ingredients, which you CAN eat for effects... but its not great

In the fighters guild in Balmora (that B place lol)theres a chest, on the right, just after you go in 'fighters guild supply'. This contains some handy potions for you, that restock every now and then, you can help yourself to them (just incase you didnt know)

However, I would recommend learning Alchemy. Its handy no matter what class your playing. Need a potion? chances are theres ingredients for one not 10 feet away from you
I know health and fatigue ingredients are rich around vivec.....a lot of the farms contain saltrice (green stems yellow flowers) corkbulb root (brown bulb sticking out of the ground, green leaves on top) and marshmerrow (long grass like things) combine them for a quick restore health AND fatigue potion

I did a quick guide on Alchemy you might find useful.

You can also restore with scrolls and enchanted items. But of course health will become much less of an issue in no time
JustRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III