Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Thrawn2787

Unhappy Valve - Can you help us crack down on hackers / griefers?

Hey Valve and community,

I've been playing TF2 (as I always do) but lately I've seen an increase in the number of hackers, whether it is aimbots or speed hacks. I ask that Valve servers be given a vote 1 hour ban. Also please make it so these votes will still work even if the player leaves. One guy today, who was not hacking but just mic spamming / griefing, kept changing his names to other players (I've seen this before with actual hackers, methinks this guy was doing it manually though; usually it seems like people aren't and have some automation to it). I disabled voice in the game as I could not mute him, but many players do not know how to mute or disable voice. When the player who's name he copied called a vote kick (the only way to ensure we kicked the right one) he just disconnected immediately and rejoined. I've seen hackers just rejoin after being kicked as well. Perhaps limit name changes per time frame too or something?

Please give us better tools than vote kick.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Nomore1337

wall of text, it hurts my eyes.

but you can always team up on them or voteban
Nomore1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Chicken Hide

That would easily be abused though, "kick that guy hes to good" etc.
Chicken Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
thepounder1

Well, to be fair, if your server has good/active mods with a modicum of computer knowledge they should be able to Steam ID/IP Ban the scum if need be.

I thought the reason it's out of the hands of the general players is to avoid ban abuse... as it stands you can be votekicked simply by jarateeing off a few players on a server (assuming the server has votekick turned on)
thepounder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Thrawn2787

I mean give us these tools on VALVE servers. I do not believe there is any sort of a ban option.
Thrawn2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Chicken Hide

It would be the worst on valve servers, since people can tend to get mad at a player for being really good.
Chicken Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
bukkit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Hide View Post
It would be the worst on valve servers, since people can tend to get mad at a player for being really good.
yeah that happened to me once, some pyro got mad i kept killing him with demo pipes and called me a sticky spamming and votekicked me.
bukkit is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2