Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum

Old 03-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
Fuzznut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHudson1 View Post
CPU Drivers uhh?

Apples vs Oranges

Video drivers don't have nothing to do with GFWL problems.
ok just trying to be helpful. I had problems with GFWL freezing on the videos and such. This solved it. But I'm NOT referring to the VIDEO drivers. I'm referring to the drivers for the CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT.
Fuzznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #32
stratoc

I just reinstalled windows. I left installing three games I just knew would annoy me. I made an image and decided to test my patience. The games were Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA3 and fallout.
Installed Batman, all good, code entered in twice, confirmation email clicked. great!
Played for an hour, closed game "gfwl client has stopped working"
Solution: Download latest from xbox. "Error, cannot connect to service"
Solution: Install latest live essentials (are you kidding me?)
Still cannot connect, enabled upnp in router, reboot, still cannot connect.
Reboot, restore image, forget about a game that needs three tons of m$ bloat to run (don't get me started on GTA3
lol
stratoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #33
Fuzznut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratoc View Post
I just reinstalled windows. I left installing three games I just knew would annoy me. I made an image and decided to test my patience. The games were Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA3 and fallout.
Installed Batman, all good, code entered in twice, confirmation email clicked. great!
Played for an hour, closed game "gfwl client has stopped working"
Solution: Download latest from xbox. "Error, cannot connect to service"
Solution: Install latest live essentials (are you kidding me?)
Still cannot connect, enabled upnp in router, reboot, still cannot connect.
Reboot, restore image, forget about a game that needs three tons of m$ bloat to run (don't get me started on GTA3
lol
look I know you guys think I"m nuts, but if you have an AMD processor make sure the Windows driver for it is the latest.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=173
Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #34
Fuzznut

This drivers might only be necessary if you are using Windows XP.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #35
Whinis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzznut View Post
This drivers might only be necessary if you are using Windows XP.
The "drivers" as you call them only work on windows xp and are only to add the ability to change cpu speed and power consumption on demand. Windows 7 has this built in. Also you would realize that everyone else is having problems not related to video choppy ness but entire crashes or in m.letcher case account removed.
Whinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #36
r3mark2

Check if your registry/router MTU is set to 1492. I had issues with several kind of Microsoft-services if it wasnt set right.

Since you seem to have some kind of Live-account-mixup, be sure to play with the account you redeemed the Steam-key with. Otherwise it wont work either.

I havent encountered any automatic account generation as you describe. The usual process of playing a windows live game is to once register an account via web, redeem the Steam-key ingame with it, start the game and connect with live (update game) & play.
I had troubles updating the game, but with setting the MTU correctly, its working now.

GFWL is an anti-piracy mechanism. This is the usual annoying practice nowadays. If you want to rant about GFWL, then make a general rant about systems like Steam, Origin, Diablo 3, whatever. These systems usually work, and if they dont work, the error is usually on your end, unless you mess something terribly up for your account, which I think happened in your case.
r3mark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
Purduecoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3mark2 View Post
Check if your registry/router MTU is set to 1492. I had issues with several kind of Microsoft-services if it wasnt set right.
1492 is the proper MTU setting if you are on a DSL connection that utilizes PPPoE. PPPoE has 8 bytes of overhead which accounts for the lower MTU setting than you would use on a cable or straight Ethernet Internet connection.

Cable users generally will do nothing besides fragment packets that do not need to be fragmented (adding overhead) by setting their MTU to 1492.
Purduecoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham Asylum