Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War

Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Benard_Crumbs

Empire Problems!

Hello, I recently got a new system with the following specs

- GTX 560Ti
- 3.4GHz Quad Core i5 OC @ 4.1GHz
- 8GB RAM

After installing all the windows updates, I finally started downloading games, all of them work apart from Shogun 2 and Empire total war, however they were different problems and don't (think) they're related in any way.

Shogun 2 simply had problems installing DirectX but i think I've found the solution to that as another game had a similar problem, however I just haven't got around to reinstalling that massive 30GB download again!

Empire however is installed and installed DirectX any everything fine, but when Is tart it up it comes up with the little box saying "Steam is starting Empire Total War" then the box just vanishes, my little green box turns on around my photo and it tells friends I'm playing it, then after a second it all just stops and says that I'm no longer playing, I got up my task manager and it starts running then just stops?

As far as I know all the drivers are up to date and I just installed a MASSIVE windows update with 100+ updates, & that also changed nothing!

This is really annoying as I was really looking foward to playing this game on my new rig!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not that computer lingual and don't have much idea about what I am doing!

-Harry
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
What Gravitas?

Not sure if you've already tried it but you might need to verify the integrity of your game cache.
What Gravitas? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Benard_Crumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Gravitas? View Post
Not sure if you've already tried it but you might need to verify the integrity of your game cache.
Yep, tried that, and def-ragging it loads of times, and I've reinstalled once, thank you for the response tho!
Benard_Crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
halororor

Shogun 2 has a similar problem that can usually be fixed by reinstalling all the redistributables in the game folder. Just go to your Steam directory, then SteamApps/Common/Empire Total War/Redist. If it has VCredist in it, reinstall all of the VCRedist packages in there, then restart your PC and try running the game again.
halororor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
Benard_Crumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by halororor View Post
Shogun 2 has a similar problem that can usually be fixed by reinstalling all the redistributables in the game folder. Just go to your Steam directory, then SteamApps/Common/Empire Total War/Redist. If it has VCredist in it, reinstall all of the VCRedist packages in there, then restart your PC and try running the game again.
Ok, I've found the file and the VCredist, but when I click it it loads, then just disappears like the steam launcher, so how would I go about reinstalling it properly?

Many thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #6
Satoru

If Vcredist is not installing properly it is probably corrupted. You should

Uninstall Vcredist
Reboot
Reinstall Vcredist
Reboot

You MUST reboot between steps or the uninstall reinstall will fail
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Benard_Crumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
If Vcredist is not installing properly it is probably corrupted. You should

Uninstall Vcredist
Reboot
Reinstall Vcredist
Reboot

You MUST reboot between steps or the uninstall reinstall will fail
Ok, where do I unitsall it from? Or do I just delete the file in the game file?

& Where would I find a site that I could reinstall it from?

Thankyou
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
Satoru

Go into Add/Remove programs and look for something like "Microsoft Visual C++". Uninstall . Reboot. Then run the vcredist from the folder, and reboot.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War