Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Heavy

Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
Danikah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paralars View Post
1. I think charging uber should stay medic territory, especially since it's so strong
Nowadays, the "Über is an untouchable mechanic" means nothing.
See: Machina, Pomson, airblast, Sidney Sleeper...
Quote:
2. +20% damage would be abused by everyone, even if there was no medic
Especially Heavies with 540 DPS miniguns, Soldiers with ridiculous rocket splash and damage, and Pyros who abuse anything!

Except Flamethrower Pyros. They just tickle you. Poor things.
Quote:
3. encourages medics to do nothing but pocketing anymore, oh look at that engie burning to death, how festive!
If that engie somehow got lit up and has no dispenser, he had done something VERY WRONG...

Anyway, this weapon's aim is to make some pocket Medics. But mostly with the underrated Shotgun Heavies, Pyros, and Soldiers.
Danikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
paralars

1. I don't mean to say it's untouchable, but it should be something the medic needs to work towards.
You wouldn't create something like a pyro melee that can repair and upgrade sentries, the homewrecker just helps defend the nest, but doesn't allow you to help the engie work towards his purpose.

2. Abused as in, everyone would use it instead of the standard shotgun just for the extra damage. That's why a lot of people think the Enforcer is being abused, not because it's stronger than the backstab, but because it's stronger than the standard revolver

3. Geez, why does noone ever understand these examples.
It might as well be a Scout or Spy burning to death
paralars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Danikah

Quote:
1. I don't mean to say it's untouchable, but it should be something the medic needs to work towards.
You wouldn't create something like a pyro melee that can repair and upgrade sentries, the homewrecker just helps defend the nest, but doesn't allow you to help the engie work towards his purpose.
I think the Medic should get a little treatment.
Nowadays, he's just getting fucked up all the time. Especially with the Anti-Medic update.

Quote:
2. Abused as in, everyone would use it instead of the standard shotgun just for the extra damage. That's why a lot of people think the Enforcer is being abused, not because it's stronger than the backstab, but because it's stronger than the standard revolver
We could always just lengthen the reload time to make it more of a finishing weapon, and people who would dare to use the shotgun as should rethink twice which one to choose.

Quote:
3. Geez, why does noone ever understand these examples.
It might as well be a Scout or Spy burning to death
Because those examples suck? I'd never stop to heal a Spy, and Scouts can go fuck themselves, stealing medikits when I'm on fire with low HP.
If you had said another Medic on fire, I would have replied normally for example.
Danikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
BobMcBobbinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchylol742 View Post
Kinda UP. The damage reduction makes it hard to kill with it already and killing one person means getting the same amount of uber which could be gained by 2 seconds of healing. How likely it is to kill 3 people with a shotgun that does -20% damage as heavy?
I use the Family Business because even with the -15% damage penalty, the +40% clip size is plenty for me to counterbalance the damage debuff.
When I'm using the Heavy, I go with my shotgun Heavy for the unexpectedness of a Heavy chasing you down with a shotgun (and so I don't have to worry about spin-up and spies as much).
I'd use this probably.
BobMcBobbinson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Heavy