Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #46
Zekiran

I'm sorry I haven't been on for help or questions, but I've lost my home and don't yet have a good future ahead just now.

However, I know that Gmod went into beta so let's see if we can keep info rolling as long as it's not NDA material (I don't know whether he has one on testers or not).
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #47
ManBull

Question Remove

How to remove all addons that i downloaded?
ManBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #48
Zekiran

You need to manually remove them from the gmod directory, your best bet is to then reinstall both gmod and the steam client. I think there are other things in the way of a true scratch-nothing install after removing things, the steamcloud for instance. Try doing this in offline mode first, though. Otherwise it might 'think' it's still got everything on it.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #49
GRS9

Banned
The OP is kinda vague on some stuff. First of all, addons should ONLY go into the addons folder if the info.txt inside it has "AddonInfo" at the top of the file. If it has "GamemodeInfo", then the entire thing should go into "gamemodes" instead.
GRS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
jakez069

Okay, I cannot afford to buy six different games, and don't get me wrong Gmod is awesome, but that is ridiculous. I have however installed all the source addons for those games, and I still can't run all the things that require them. Am I basically out of luck, and have to spend somewhere around sixty dollars (I don't actually know all the prices off the top of my head) or is there something I can do to be able to fully enjoy Gmod with only the source addons?
jakez069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #51
Zekiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRS9 View Post
The OP is kinda vague on some stuff. First of all, addons should ONLY go into the addons folder if the info.txt inside it has "AddonInfo" at the top of the file. If it has "GamemodeInfo", then the entire thing should go into "gamemodes" instead.
Never having used a new game mode, this is new to me.

Eventually I need to go through and get the other info on that OP, I didn't know this, so that's on the list.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #52
Zekiran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakez069 View Post
Okay, I cannot afford to buy six different games, and don't get me wrong Gmod is awesome, but that is ridiculous. I have however installed all the source addons for those games, and I still can't run all the things that require them. Am I basically out of luck, and have to spend somewhere around sixty dollars (I don't actually know all the prices off the top of my head) or is there something I can do to be able to fully enjoy Gmod with only the source addons?
You MUST own and have installed, as the OP states very clearly, whatever you want to use as resources.

Gmod is a SANDBOX game, NOT a standalone game. Plain and simple, if you are getting errors it is because you don't legally own and have installed, the resources for that game.

Wait for a Steam sale, and pick up whatever you can while it's dirt cheap.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #53
doomhmr

Buy The Orange Box is a bundle that includes five titles from Valve: Half-Life 2; Half-Life 2:Episode 1; Half-Life 2: Episode Two; Team Fortress 2,for 19.99 on steam, and if ya wait for sale you can get counter strike source for 5 or 10 bucks, its 19.99 now. 40 bucks you can get it all. I have had those games for years.GMOD for 2.50 USD hell yes ) You don't have to buy them just for gmod, play them, they are great games.
doomhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #54
E404NF

I was thinking of writing a small tutorial on how to download and install wiremod, but I'm not sure how useful it would be or if wiremod is even supported by the current version or whether it will be supported by GMod 13 :s

lol, so the bottom line is - maybe I don't know enough to write a tutorial o:
E404NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #55
Zekiran

lol Yeah me neither. I installed stuff so long ago that I can't even remember what to do anyway, and plus things may change with 13. So... I think waiting for folks getting out of Beta to post is the best thing.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #56
minglee

Would've helped me when I first played!

I think you should post this in the Gmod Guides in the Steam Community Hub, I think you could help many more people if you haven't!

BTW +rep
minglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #57
LogicalDash

~

I worked out how to use the Half-Life 2: Episode Two content in Source SDK Singleplayer 2013 in Garry's Mod. This lets me play Elevator: Source, and probably other modes that rely on Episode 2, without buying or even pirating it. I'm pretty sure this is 100% legit, since I'm only using what I got through Steam itself.

First download and install the SDK. In your Steam library, next to the search box, is a drop menu that probably says something like "All Games". Switch it to "Tools" and scroll down to Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer; double click that.

You still have to pay money for Garry's Mod, sorry.

Anyway, with the SDK and Garry's Mod downloaded and installed, navigate to your Garry's Mod folder. Supposing that you have your Steam library installed at the root of your file system, it'll be at

/SteamApps/common/GarrysMod

(Directories are given in UNIX-style notation, which is good in Linux and Mac OS but not Windows, where you'll need C: and backslashes)

There's *another* folder *inside* that one called garrysmod (no caps). Navigate into it, and from there into cfg, so now you're at

/SteamApps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cfg

In this folder, open the file mount.cfg in a text editor. You'll see this

Quote:
//
// Use this file to mount additional paths to the filesystem
// DO NOT add a slash to the end of the filename
//

"mountcfg"
{
// "cstrike" "C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source Dedicated Server\cstrike"
// "tf" "C:\mytf2server\tf"
}
Add mounts for "episodic" and "ep2" that point to the folders by those names inside the SDK directory. The result should look something like

Quote:
//
// Use this file to mount additional paths to the filesystem
// DO NOT add a slash to the end of the filename
//

"mountcfg"
{
// "cstrike" "C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source Dedicated Server\cstrike"
// "tf" "C:\mytf2server\tf"
"episodic" "/SteamLinux/SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer/episodic"
"ep2" "/SteamLinux/SteamApps/common/Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer/ep2"
}
Garry's Mod will now load stuff from those directories. The episodes still won't show up in the Garry's Mod mount list, but I don't think it matters...though if I've missed something, please correct me.
LogicalDash is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod