Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #121
Jay_la_haine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater901 View Post
Running straight at a Bulldozer to put a Trip Mine on the ground seems like a very good way to get shot...

On a related note, anyone got any strategies for dealing with multiple Bulldozers? I've found that especially on OVERKILL, 2-3 Bulldozers can mess your team up pretty fast.
They usually spawn in groups of 2. Like I said, rush them, put a mine on the ground and shoot it.

It's just a piece of advice. Feel free to not follow it .
Jay_la_haine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #122
Skater901

Well, I guess I'll give it a try. Either way I'm going to take a lot of damage; might as well use the strategy that lets me kill them ASAP. I can see I shall potentially be packing Trip Mines more often now...
Skater901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #123
Skater901

So I tried using trip mines on OVERKILL Bulldozers... shooting them is hard, I think it might work better to leave the laser on if the Bulldozer is charging. Apart from that, ownage! 10 of those ought to deal with every Bulldozer you'll encounter in a single Heist.

Now, a question for the OVERKILL devs: with assault waves, are they time-based, or do they end after killing x amount of cops? If they are time-based, how is the duration determined? If kill-based, how many cops do you need to kill, and how is this determined? Also, how is the time between assault waves determined?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #124
Jay_la_haine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater901 View Post
So I tried using trip mines on OVERKILL Bulldozers... shooting them is hard, I think it might work better to leave the laser on if the Bulldozer is charging. Apart from that, ownage! 10 of those ought to deal with every Bulldozer you'll encounter in a single Heist.

Now, a question for the OVERKILL devs: with assault waves, are they time-based, or do they end after killing x amount of cops? If they are time-based, how is the duration determined? If kill-based, how many cops do you need to kill, and how is this determined? Also, how is the time between assault waves determined?
They are time based. Cops spawn infinitely during assault waves.

As for how much time those assaults last, it depends on the map.

FWBank : 3 min average.

Heat S. : 3 min 30 average

Panic : 5 min average.

Bridge : 3 min average.

Diamond : 6 min 30 average.

Slaughter : 5 min 30 average.

Also the time between assaults is of 1 min average (sometimes a bit more, but not by much. About 10 or 20 seconds more).

Also trips are very useful against shields.

As for how trips are used while rushing, well there is this vid of Dreemax :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cZI...03FUAAAAAAACAA

You'll notice that he only puts trips at spawn points. All his other trips are used when he rushes the target, put the trip on the ground and shoot it.

Last edited by Jay_la_haine: 04-02-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Jay_la_haine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #125
Skater901

Will watch later, really need to run for Uni now.

On OVERKILL the assaults seem to last FOREVER and the time between them I would swear is less than a minute... it definitely seems like a lot less time between assaults on OVERKILL than on the lower difficulties.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #126
Skater901

So, an idea for OVERKILL: how about some merch? I would love a black shirt with the background image from the PAYDAY site on the shirt.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #127
veribigbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by raupi View Post
You should also shoot the 12th camera.
It's not taken into account with anything, I've heard Bane say all cameras have been destroyed despite that one camera still being intact

At least at one point it wasn't, don't know if it's been fixed in a patch.
veribigbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #128
ChainsGoldMask

Quote:
Originally Posted by veribigbos View Post
It's not taken into account with anything, I've heard Bane say all cameras have been destroyed despite that one camera still being intact

At least at one point it wasn't, don't know if it's been fixed in a patch.
It's a fake camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill_bo View Post
Yeah it is a fake camera. Banks do that a lot.

Thanks for the feedback, always good to see players thinking.

Bo
From the lips of Gods mouth, straight onto your ear piece.
ChainsGoldMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #129
Mikemetroid

Don't run. Run and Shoot. I don't know how many times I see people just run away and think its gonna solve the problem.
Mikemetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #130
Willmehr

BTW its not true that you dont take dmg from your own mines...
I use them while lvlin on DH, if it goes wrong (detected or safe doesnt open) i just plant several mines close to me and blow them up.

This downs you, 1 doesnt do anything, more do!
Willmehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #131
Willmehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmehr View Post
BTW its not true that you dont take dmg from your own mines...
I use them while lvlin on DH, if it goes wrong (detected or safe doesnt open) i just plant several mines close to me and blow them up.

This downs you, 1 doesnt do anything, more do!
change it pls?
Willmehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #132
Jfhansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustouski View Post
Hey fellas, i posted this earlier and never got a response.

Does anyone know how to get a completely clean hit on the Diamond heist?

I have played through about 30 times now, without tripping any alarms, yet whenever i get to the vault, it seems like the code is always faulty. One time i got into the vault clean without raising any alarms, but i havent been able to repeat this since. Any tips?
It seems the faster you get the 3 alarmboxes deactivated, the better the chance of the codes working.

a little ekstra help (SPOILER)
Spoiler:
Be aware though, when you get in the vault, as soon as you smash a display case, the alarm begins, and start with the small ones, because when you smash the last one of the 8 big cases in the middle the getaway assault starts.

Oh yeah and do remember that guards have no hearing what so ever, so run all you like just not into the flashlight light beams
Hope it helps

Last edited by Jfhansen: 08-10-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: remembered a little ekstra help, no need to make new post
Jfhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #133
ihatebarracuda

These are mostly oriented toward Overkill and Overkill 145+, but would probably be useful if you're having a tough time on the lower difficulties too.

General Tips

-Be fast. The game never runs out of enemies, so the more time you spend on the map the more enemies you have to fight and the more chance you have of dying. Complete objectives as soon as they become available and get as much done as possible before the cops even arrive. For example, on First World Bank you can have the gates 1/4 to 1/2 of the way drilled by the time the first assault wave starts.

-Heal up. People like to run around with their health in the red and say "it's ok I'll go back to green when you revive me." Yeah, but I'll lose 3/4 of my health or be killed trying to revive you. There are times that are appropriate for both approaches, but I'd say when in doubt, heal. Every failure starts with 1 person being downed.

-Use your armor. It seems like a lot of people don't even realize they have it. When you get shot, you'll notice that the white outline around your character in the health bar goes down or disappears. Only after it's gone do you start taking damage. And the best thing about it is that it recharges - quickly! This is really useful for snipers and bulldozers, both of which deplete your whole armor in one shot. But if you take cover until it regenerates you won't take any damage. I'll often get shot 3-4 times by a bulldozer while I take it down and not take a bit of damage because I let my armor regenerate in between each shot that I took.

First World Bank

Don't hole up in the drill room! It's easy enough to defend on easy through hard difficulty, but on overkill or above it usually spells disaster. It's just a horrible spot to try to survive in. There are five entrances, snipers that spawn in 2 directions, very little cover, and if someone is downed you're probably going to take a bunch of damage trying to revive them. I see people trying to hold this room in virtually every game I join and it almost always fails on the higher difficulties.

The other side of the map is much easier to defend, specifically the 2nd floor hallway that leads to the server room and the manager's office. Now this is where someone always goes "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRILLL?!?!?!?!?!? " Relax. If the drill jams, just have ONE person run over and fix it. If everyone is on the other side of the map, the drill room will be completely clear 99% of the time. Just be careful of the sniper outside the side window.

Panic Room

The roof = death. Only go on it when you absolutely have to. When Alex needs you to clear the roof, don't even bother if it's during an assault wave. You can get it to where there isn't a single enemy in sight and he probably still won't land during an assault, although I have seen it happen. It is much better to camp somewhere inside until the assault is over, then run up and take care of any snipers or stragglers on the roof in between assault waves (be quick or another assault will start and you'll have to wait again). This is where I see this heist fail every time. One person thinks they can Rambo the rooftop and then everyone else dies trying to save them or is overwhelmed because they're now a player short.

Also on this map, STICK WITH THE GROUP and learn what floor/when the objectives occur and then go there IN A TIMELY MANNER. I am always waiting for someone to come down to floor 2 when we need to detonate the explosives, or to come back to the stairway when we need to get ready to go on the roof. It seems like there is always someone getting downed 3-4 floors higher or lower than where everyone else is.

Last edited by ihatebarracuda: 08-13-2012 at 12:55 AM.
ihatebarracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #134
MillerPowered

Thanks for posting this, very much appreciated!
MillerPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #135
EagleSolidus

What is the counterfeit secret?
EagleSolidus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist