Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series

Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
DeadPoolX

I agree with the two posters above me. Even if Steam isn't taken into account, companies have been using CD Keys for years! So if you bought one copy of Trine 2, the CD Key would be used and couldn't be run on multiple machines at once.

Maybe a three-pack (which would cost less than buying the game three times individually) could be released, which contains three licenses for Trine 2. That way you could conceivably fill all three positions in a multiplayer or LAN game.

Right now, for three copies, it'd cost $44.97 USD (so let's round up and call it $45). But a package deal containing three copies, at a reduced price of $30 USD would be well worth it.

Why would Frozenbyte do this when they could make more money from three individual purchases? Because some people -- like my wife and me -- aren't willing to buy two copies at full price right now. If there was a package deal, we'd buy it today.
DeadPoolX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #17
Sonkilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoolX View Post
I agree with the two posters above me. Even if Steam isn't taken into account, companies have been using CD Keys for years! So if you bought one copy of Trine 2, the CD Key would be used and couldn't be run on multiple machines at once.

Maybe a three-pack (which would cost less than buying the game three times individually) could be released, which contains three licenses for Trine 2. That way you could conceivably fill all three positions in a multiplayer or LAN game.

Right now, for three copies, it'd cost $44.97 USD (so let's round up and call it $45). But a package deal containing three copies, at a reduced price of $30 USD would be well worth it.

Why would Frozenbyte do this when they could make more money from three individual purchases? Because some people -- like my wife and me -- aren't willing to buy two copies at full price right now. If there was a package deal, we'd buy it today.
VERY GOOD iDEA i totally agree with you.
Sonkilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #18
cl4ym4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoolX View Post
Why would Frozenbyte do this when they could make more money from three individual purchases?
You might want to read this thread where Joel explains why there is no 3-pack.

TL;DR version: They want to treat all customers equally acrosss all platforms without someone having a 'But hey, they get more than us for less money'-feeling.
cl4ym4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #19
DeGroot Keeper

I don't know any steamworks game (retail version has to be activated in steam) that can be played in multiplayer if you start steam in offlinemode. If the game has a retail version that don't need to be activated in steam (like Borderlands, Unreal Tournament) you can play the steam version in multiplayer in offlienmode.
Only Valve Games work in Multiplayer in Offlinemode.
DeGroot Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Rhialto

There is an example: http://www.ehow.com/how_5970443_set-...-diablo-2.html

Read step 7 btw...

I currently only think of DII being a long time player and I don't play many games. Wasn't there Quake III Arena also?

Anyway, being the OP I also wanted to tell you that my problem is solved. I don't play on LAN obviously but with another key we were good to go.
Rhialto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Yeah at present time a Pack won't happen. However we hope to offer Packs (a 3-Pack) at some point in the future, but there's no timeframe for that. I'd imagine sometime in the spring or summer could be a possibility.

As for LAN, thanks for the thooughts. I have nothing else to add really - we'll look into it along with our DRM free version plans, but it may or may not be feasible. We'll have to see how things turn out.

Last edited by JoelFB: 01-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.
JoelFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
Sonkilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelFB View Post
Yeah at present time a Pack won't happen. However we hope to offer Packs (a 3-Pack) at some point in the future, but there's no timeframe for that. I'd imagine sometime in the spring or summer could be a possibility.

As for LAN, thanks for the thooughts. I have nothing else to add really - we'll look into it along with our DRM free version plans, but it may or may not be feasible. We'll have to see how things turn out.
Thanks for the Answer JoelFB.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #23
christhercguy

I wonder if it would be possible/easier for a local co-op the option to use seperate monitors for each player. That way they wouldn't need to be on the same screen.
christhercguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #24
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
I'll wager a guess that it wouldn't be easier... Anyhow hopefully I'm able to have a definite answer on LAN sometime soon.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #25
Sonkilary

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelFB View Post
I'll wager a guess that it wouldn't be easier... Anyhow hopefully I'm able to have a definite answer on LAN sometime soon.
Thanks for your honesty and Sorry for judging you about Money i thought that you're Americans and i recently knew that you're from Norway Very COOL Guys espescially Ari Pulkkinen the best guy of your TEAM i'll try to get Trine 2 Collector's Edition just for your listening US even its not easy because i live in ALGERiA and its expensive to create a Credit Card Must put 300€ & 30000 DZD but i'll find something out to get it Expensive or not because you full deserve it its on my wishlist and Please i hope you're currently developping Trine 3 i don't want this series Ends Enjoy and Have a Nice Day you can be proud of yourself.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #26
cl4ym4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonkilary View Post
(...) i thought that you're Americans and i recently knew that you're from Norway (...)
FB is from Finland... ;P
cl4ym4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #27
Sonkilary

ah i was wrong again thanks for informing me Cl4ym4n and i was surprised when i saw that FrozenByte is against SOPA they'll get +REP from ME i like them better than before.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #28
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Yeah we're from Finland but no worries.

As for LAN, I have a new official statement on this: We will _try_ to have LAN included in our upcoming DRM free version. If we get it included it will probably be very rudimentary and not have a lot of features, but should work for most. We'll provide a way for all Steam users to use it one way or another too. No ETA yet but probably takes a month or two or more.

So let's see how it goes!

Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
voort

lan available from one account, that is easy to setup for guests at lans, portal 2, l4d, l4d2, tf2, civ4, magika, halflife 2 dm, CS, demigod, minecraft,terrania, battlefield 2/2142/1942. quake wars, dead island, borderlands,.. and many more older ones of course, (eg. age of empires, starcraft, c&c..),.

Great for guests who werent into the game enough to buy it, or havent heard of it before the lan. They get in some good multiplayer and many go away impressed and buy it after. It is how I got into games myself and how I introduce many friends to new games.
voort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #30
wunnle

I have a terrible lag problem - probably because of closed ports (27300 to 27315) which i've been unsuccessful to forward - and two seperate Trine 2 copies. Is there a trick to play via lan with my friend?
wunnle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series