Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series

Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
mikewolfskin

Where is my Dead Space Serial Key?

I am looking on Steam at my Dead Space game and I left click to get the drop down menu but I no longer see my Serial Key for Dead Space. I'd like to now what the Serial Key is but its takes me to some EA Origin website in steed of showing my key. Any help?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
neo158

I would like to know this as well as I want to try using it in Origin.
neo158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
Savant

I have good news and bad news...

The good news is that you can find the CD key in your registry here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Electronic Arts\\EA Games\\Dead Space\\ergc

The CD key will be in the registry entry there marked 'default'.

The bad news is that Origin only accepts CD keys from games released in 2009 or later. The first Dead Space was released in 2008, so Origin won't accept the CDkey for it.

It will accept the key for Dead Space 2 though. It's odd since if you try and use the CD key from your registry the Origin client will recognise it as a 'Dead Space' key, but it won't complete the registration.
Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
ddt529

That is what the EA reps tell you but it's not true. Red Alert 3 worked and that was 2008. If you whine enough, t3 support will give you a free game. That's what they did for me.
ddt529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #5
mikewolfskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
I have good news and bad news...

The CD key will be in the registry entry there marked 'default'.

The bad news is that Origin only accepts CD keys from games released in 2009 or later. The first Dead Space was released in 2008, so Origin won't accept the CDkey for it.

It will accept the key for Dead Space 2 though. It's odd since if you try and use the CD key from your registry the Origin client will recognise it as a 'Dead Space' key, but it won't complete the registration.
I did what you where saying and I only got as far as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE//SOFTWARE

I don't see any Electronic Arts folder. Might it be different for the Steam version?

Also EA does take games before 2008 you just have to speak to customer servers and get them to go to tier 3.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Punisher!|ITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolfskin View Post
I did what you where saying and I only got as far as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE//SOFTWARE

I don't see any Electronic Arts folder. Might it be different for the Steam version?

Also EA does take games before 2008 you just have to speak to customer servers and get them to go to tier 3.
I quote lol.
Punisher!|ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
trek554

Banned
they will certainly take Dead Space but you cant add it directly from Origin. I had to go to some link on EA site to add Dead Space, The Saboteur, and Mirrors Edge. it would not let me add Mass Effect, Crysis or Warhead from Origin or on the EA site. customer service said those games were too old. I then told him that others had gotten them adding through cs and he put me hold for a supervisor. he then came back and asked for the keys but they did not work. his excuse then was that their tools for adding games was down and to try back in 6 to 8 days. lol, whatever that means.

EDIT: here is the link you can go to that will let you add Dead Space. https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

http://postimage.org/image/1t9d3tvdw/

Last edited by trek554: 09-24-2011 at 08:09 PM.
trek554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
mikewolfskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek554 View Post
they will certainly take Dead Space but you cant add it directly from Origin. I had to go to some link on EA site to add Dead Space, The Saboteur, and Mirrors Edge. it would not let me add Mass Effect, Crysis or Warhead from Origin or on the EA site. customer service said those games were too old. I then told him that others had gotten them adding through cs and he put me hold for a supervisor. he then came back and asked for the keys but they did not work. his excuse then was that their tools for adding games was down and to try back in 6 to 8 days. lol, whatever that means.

EDIT: here is the link you can go to that will let you add Dead Space. https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

http://postimage.org/image/1t9d3tvdw/
That is the very link I used to get my copy of Mass Effect working but without a key for the steam version of Dead Space I am not able to get it. Why most Steam hide a key? Its our copy of the title and its our right to have it. Also go back to EA customer servers and tell them BS about your other games. You just have to keep telling them I have friends and know peolpe who did this it is possible. I had to contact them 5 times in a row on the same day before they finally gave in.

Here is a thread that will help you with your issue. Read the whole thread mate ^ ^ http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...am-origin.html

In fact here is a very thread with one of this administers saying its possible: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7446825.page I hope that helps.

So can anyone help me find the steam Dead Space key or is it a lost venture?

Last edited by mikewolfskin: 09-25-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
Scott3vil

64bit windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Dead Space\ergc
Scott3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
Punisher!|ITA

Thanks a lot for your reply. +rep.
Punisher!|ITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
Mata_Hari

When I installed Origin, it had Dead Space 2 listed as one of my games. Now I wouldn't swear that I purchased a while ago thru the EA site, but I know I purchased some games.

So I clicked to install Dead Space 2, and after it installed and I started play, it asks me for the serial key.

????? so confused
Mata_Hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
foocy.toocy

Origin-- maleware at it's finest.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
AlHudson1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
Thanks bro!!
AlHudson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #14
henser

do i need to install the game to get the key ?
henser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Space series