Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Q.U.B.E.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #76
Orb Infinite

Is it possible to have an mp3 or something similar of the ending song? I really like it.

EDIT: lol Wow I didn't realize that the user below me basically asked for the same thing!

Last edited by Orb Infinite: 01-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Orb Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #77
m.harmless

I'd love to see these 2:

Quote:
# story Based DLC
# Story added to the main game
The game is a wonderful puzzle game and even in it's current state I find it quite charming but I think a little bit of story would make it all the more enjoyable. For me, it would even have to be that all that much, maybe just some little hints and easter eggs as to who you are and why you are doing what you're doing.
m.harmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #78
Barzy

I would like Co-Op and more sectors. I think the game is a bit too short as it is...
Barzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #79
Prince_Kassad

Co-op!
Prince_Kassad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #80
hunter.gatherer

Please, more levels and puzzles! Fun game, we believe in it!
hunter.gatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #81
KBoomer

Toxic Games
Thanks guys. Keep the thoughts coming!
KBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #82
zivi7

First of all: It's nice to see a developer in touch with the community and sharing some insight, for example on pulling back the storyline, thank you!

I hope the decision to release before Christmas turned out well for you guys and made funding this very nice concept a little easier.

One question about the poll: Do you plan to release a DLC for free? I think the wishes depend on this info a bit.

While I found it somewhat interesting to have no story at all, leaving it to the player to make sense of the world he's moving in, I found the price a bit too high for this rather short experience. Therefore, I think adding the originally intended story and scrapped content would be great. Also, a level editor would help keeping the game alive till there is new content - just look at the hundreds of custom maps for Portal 1 and 2.

On the other hand, of course I don't know how much that storyline and the scrapped content would really add to the game. I wouldn't want to play through the game again only to hear a few lines of now missing dialogue when in the end the game would be only like 10 minutes longer.

So I would say: A level-editor is a must to keep the game alive for a long time. If you plan to release free DLC, I would suggest to add the original story (maybe leave an option in the menu to play the current version or the enhanced version?) for those who paid the original price now. If you want to sell a DLC instead, I would suggest a new storyline.
zivi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #83
KBoomer

Toxic Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivi7 View Post
First of all: It's nice to see a developer in touch with the community and sharing some insight, for example on pulling back the storyline, thank you!

I hope the decision to release before Christmas turned out well for you guys and made funding this very nice concept a little easier.

One question about the poll: Do you plan to release a DLC for free? I think the wishes depend on this info a bit.

While I found it somewhat interesting to have no story at all, leaving it to the player to make sense of the world he's moving in, I found the price a bit too high for this rather short experience. Therefore, I think adding the originally intended story and scrapped content would be great. Also, a level editor would help keeping the game alive till there is new content - just look at the hundreds of custom maps for Portal 1 and 2.

On the other hand, of course I don't know how much that storyline and the scrapped content would really add to the game. I wouldn't want to play through the game again only to hear a few lines of now missing dialogue when in the end the game would be only like 10 minutes longer.

So I would say: A level-editor is a must to keep the game alive for a long time. If you plan to release free DLC, I would suggest to add the original story (maybe leave an option in the menu to play the current version or the enhanced version?) for those who paid the original price now. If you want to sell a DLC instead, I would suggest a new storyline.
Our pleasure and it helps to make a better game for everyone.

It was very helpful, the game was out in time.

We haven't got a pricing (or lack of) model yet.

If we did re-add the story then it would be a signifcant addition but I like your idea of the current and enhanced versions).

We are quite interested in the level editor idea, but sadly have nothing to announce just yet!

Thanks for your feedback, we'll be taking many notes on it.
KBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #84
demodash

co-op for all of my money
demodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #85
Monukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattey View Post
I LOVED THE DARK SECTOR!!!
Is a combination of QUBE and the classic "memory" game.

Many people don't like the dark sector because it's easy to forget what you have done.
But that's what makes it so beautiful: it's even MORE challenging.
It's not that (for me), the only thing I didn't like about it is when you had to jump onto a blue tile that was on the wall. When I got ready to jump I basically knew how much running room a tile should have but it felt like I had more than that, and if I didn't jump when I thought I had to then I wouldn't make the jump. Hard to explain if you don't know what i'm talking about. Other than that I didn't mind the dark sector.

As for the OP, any of the listed options are fine...BUT...I don't actually have OCD but you are killing me with only 7 sectors when the images for the sectors show 9 tiles.
Monukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #86
pptakashi

Just finished this great game. Enjoyed it very much.

As many said before, I would love to see co-op in this game, and of course more levels

Anyway, thanks alot for this awesome game!

Cheers
pptakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #87
pecoes

The game felt a little like a sketch for an even greater game. There was a story, but hardly enough to write a recap. There were lots of great puzzle elments, but they were all used only a very limited number of times. I waited for the really big puzzles that would throw all elements from all sectors of the game together, but then the game ended. As much as I enjoyed it, it feels a bit... unfinished.

So, yes, DLC would be great. A bit more story would be great. I don't want to twist your arm, though. If story telling isn't really your thing it's probably best to leave things open to interpretation.

But more puzzles would be great. They wouldn't even need new elements. There are plenty of under-used elements already.

A level editor would be absolutely awesome. I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the game has unused potential. With a level editor your game might become a classic...

EDIT: Upon re-reading this post sounds very critical. If it is, it's only because I like the game. A lot.

Last edited by pecoes: 03-28-2012 at 11:51 AM.
pecoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #88
Pufje

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecoes View Post
The game felt a little like a sketch for an even greater game. There was a story, but hardly enough to write a recap. There were lots of great puzzle elments, but they were all used only a very limited number of times. I waited for the really big puzzles that would throw all elements from all sectors of the game together, but then the game ended. As much as I enjoyed it, it feels a bit... unfinished.

So, yes, DLC would be great. A bit more story would be great. I don't want to twist your arm, though. If story telling isn't really your thing it's probably best to leave things open to interpretation.

But more puzzles would be great. They wouldn't even need new elements. There are plenty of under-used elements already.

A level editor would be absolutely awesome. I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the game has unused potential. With a level editor your game might become a classic...

EDIT: Upon re-reading this post sounds very critical. If it is, it's only because I like the game. A lot.
I agree, especially the laser beams where barely used in puzzles, and they where very interesting!
Pufje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #89
Lafazar

I personally liked the puzzles a lot, however a lot of the later puzzles could have been done just as well as a top down 2D game (Sokoban and similar games come to mind).

I'm not saying that that's a bad thing per se, but one of the main draws of a first person perspective is that motion through space is an important element, and in some of the later puzzles you just have to find a good position to see the whole puzzle and then stay in that one spot to manipulate the contraption without moving yourself at all.

So in essence I would love more puzzles that deal with motion through space and the awesomely weird geometry shown so far. I imagine that would probably also be easier to create and debug than the complex logic required for the "2D" puzzles. It might also be more fun to play.

I think the level of story is just fine the way it is, very vague and a little mysterious, but most importantly it does not get in the way of the gameplay. Not every game needs to be Portal.

Last edited by Lafazar: 04-25-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Lafazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #90
netnerd85

So, there is a DLC page for the game but no DLC, when are we getting some?
netnerd85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Q.U.B.E.