Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Rival_31

I'm having the same problem with my friend's account. I was showing hiw where to link it on the PS3 and accidentally hit the create new and it doesn't even ask for a confirmation.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
UberMudkipz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival_31 View Post
I'm having the same problem with my friend's account. I was showing hiw where to link it on the PS3 and accidentally hit the create new and it doesn't even ask for a confirmation.
this is EXACTLY what happened to my friend.
UberMudkipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
medao

You will find the same thread in the general help section http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1848184
Where an official member of Valve team confirmed this problem can be solved by opening a support ticket asking to unlink the PSN account.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
UberMudkipz

Anyone get any accounts unlinked yet? Still waiting on a ticket.
UberMudkipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Melkath

DONT TRY TO DOWNLOAD PORTAL 2 TO YOUR "psn_" ACCOUNT ON YOUR COMPUTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by medao View Post
You will find the same thread in the general help section http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1848184
Where an official member of Valve team confirmed this problem can be solved by opening a support ticket asking to unlink the PSN account.
I am dealing with this issue. When I got Portal 2 for PS3, I did not own a PC and could not remember my Steam credentials, so I just created a new "psn_" account, figuring I could sign out of the overlay, and sign in my main account when I got a PC again.

After finding out you couldn't unlink a steam account from a PSN account, I signed into my "psn_" steam account on my PC and noticed all my games that were bound to my main account were available (Orange Box).

I thought "great! I can just download using my "psn_" account, and then when I sign into my main account, Steam will identify that the game is on my computer, and all will be well."

This is not the case. I can access TF2, Half-life 2, etc. from both accounts, but Portal 2 can only be played through the "psn_" account. After this monkeying I found this thread. I just submitted my ticket asking if it's possible to unlink my PSN and Steam accounts, and also, if I can have my license for Portal 2 shifted from the "psn_" account to my main account (since I have technically used the PC code to download the game to my "psn_" account).

I'll update when I hear back from Valve Support.

Update

I just got my response back from Valve Support:

"Hello [Melkath],

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

Steam game subscriptions, CD keys, and redeemed gifts are non-transferable and cannot be reset or moved between Steam accounts.

We will be unable to transfer this game to another account. You must be logged in to the original account it was registered to in order to play the game.

If you have any further questions, please let us know."

Valve, I am disappoint.

Last edited by Melkath: 04-11-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Got a response.
Melkath is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2