Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #31
Samurai Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazk View Post
The Flamer
Height: 6'3 ft.
Speed: Hunter level
Health: 375
Appearance: A female infected similar to the Spitter. Like the Spitter the neck is long and burnt along with the lower jaw. However, the Flamer lacks a bloated stomach and in fact looks stronger and more physically fit. Jaws are also not gaping and sagging open uselessly the jaws are also filled with sharp teeth, the lower jaw being larger, longer, burnt, and more reptilian in appearance. The claws are also shaped more like a Hunter's than a Spitter's, the Flamer also still has a nose. Hair is not in pigtails and is half neck length, the tips of the hairs dyed a fading pink. Wears a white T-shirt with a strange triangle symbol, blue cargo shorts, black fingerless gloves, and muddy white running shoes.
Sounds: Recycled Antlion Guard sounds from Half Life 2, but at a higher pitch.

Attacks:

Primary-Fire breath of 5-25 damage per .5 second. Damage determined by distance (30 ft fire range, 6 ft. spread), lowest being farthest away from the fire, highest being closest to fire and Flamer. Keeps breathing fire for 14 sec. and aims by moving and turning head/camera. 14 sec. cooldown(after being done breathing fire).

Secondary-Claw attack of 10 damage every 1 sec.

Note: Nothing can disrupt the Flamer's fire breath except death, shoving/stunning is not possible.
Lol. I hadn't found this thread until today. A lot of the ideas here are great, I especially like the Crawler's abilities to climb on ceilings and walls, it would add an interesting dynamic to gameplay. I posted an idea for a new Boss Infected (or utility infected) in the Left 4 Dead 2 XBox forum called the Dragon on the 5th of July. (See: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1975657) Now I come here to find that someone had beaten me to the punch. Oh well. Great minds think alike I guess.
Samurai Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #32
jntcoolman

Lightbulb New Cool Special Infected For L4D

Ok this is a long one so watch out:
Left 4 Dead New Special Infected Document
Name: Alerter
Attack: Claw
Secondary Attack: Pressing or disturbing things that alerts hordes
Sound: A low insane laugh mixed with a growl (rarely heard)
Secondary Sound: When morphing it howls in pain alerting a small horde
Death Sound: A low "Urggh" or gurgling but rarely does he roar lowly causing a small horde
Walk: A somewhat limp weird walk
Character Appearance: Unknown yet but when it morphs into attack mode it makes a huge sack full of liquid on it back making it hunch,Gruesome textures, White lab coat, Black torn bloody jeans,Boils,blood,rough skin,missing piece of neck,torn lab coat,scratched,back messed up, one half of a scientist glasses,left hand sort of larger then other with weird fingers,scrapes,big missing spot on back of lab coat looking like acid fell there making a hole,little bullet holes around chest area,one eye swollen, almost no hair, boots with mud and blood
Description: This special infected appears only three times in a campaign in the end mission, in the beginning, and near the middle of the campaign. The Alerter gets its name for the hordes it alerts when he presses bangs or disturbed things that cause hordes except if the horde causer is part of the main series for example making a van move to get past. The reason why it alerts hordes is because it was once a scientist that was really smart and when upon infection the scientist kept his intelligence upon infection making this special infected very smart. The Alerter when attacked runs away unless only has one choice and that is to attack. When forced to attack it runs up to the survivors and strikes them with a claw motion and since this infected was meant to alert hordes and mainly not attack it deals small damage but is hard to kill like a witch or a tank. When the Alerter gets angry or seems to not alert anymore he morphs a hunchback sack on his back with horrifying and bloody and gross features and textures. When in morphing he emits a loud piercing howl mixed with a scream that alerts a horde even special infected know to stay away from this infected when morphed or when howling cause he is very dangerous then. The howl is so loud the noise can startle witches but the witches don't have a target so they are forced to find a new place to stay making the witch move its spot. Once morphed it is in a mode called attack mode where the creature is very strong dealing damage up to 25 and it hits fast the normal hit damage is usually 10 or 7 and when in attack mode it is like a tank full of rage. Once in attack mode the creature cant turn back unless he find somewhere he can "cool off" thus allowing him to transform back. He is very fast because he runs away from battle allot. But when he alerts a horde he must follow the horde and after the horde stops coming he attacks you and when he has a chance he runs away. If not killed he will appear in the middle mission if not killed in the first. If not killed in the middle mission he then appears in the final mission but in the final mission he is always in attack mode. If you do not kill him there might be a chance that there will be 2 in the next campaign. Though it is unlikely for that to happen. He does not alert hordes every second he gives allot of time so you don't have infected rushing up every second. In versus he is unplayable like the witch. If he was playable there is a strong chance the player would abuse his powers and making the game unfair. The creature can startle witches upon touch and use them at his advantages but this rarely happens in easy normal and advanced difficulties and never happens in easy. In the console he can be changed to appear allot or startle witches allot etc. Some things might change and if put in Left 4 Dead games Steam and Valve might change him.

This is not yet made this is a idea

Special Infected Analysis for a New Infected

Last edited by jntcoolman: 07-24-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: To add appearance and make changes to words
jntcoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #33
jntcoolman

Also for The Alerter the sack on its back when in attack mode does something but I dont know what yet
jntcoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #34
Altruis

well

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rogue smile View Post
I think it would be pretty cool if valve released new special infected in the upcoming DLCs (although they probably won't). I have a few ideas of my own for new special infected. Let me know what you think.

The slimer: This special infected would have a medium to long range attack simply called "slime attack" where it spits a ball of slime out of its mouth that spreads out the farther it travel before hitting the survivor(s). The effect would be to significantly slow down the affected survivors. To get rid of the slime the survivers can melee to shake it loose.

The slasher: The slasher would have a resemblance to the witch by having large claws but only on one hand. It would move with incredible speed and agility but it would have a low health bar like the boomer. Its attack would be a close range attack with its long claws that inflict a fair amount of damage.

The lurker: the lurker would have the ability to lay on the ground and pretend to be a corpse and to ambush the survivors by ensnaring on of them with many short range tentacles when they come too close.

The mother: The mother would be another stationary zombie like the witch. Imagine a pregnant zombie suffering labor by itself. But if a survivor comes to close, 3 very fast mutated triplets burst through the mother's stomach and attack the nearest survivor or survivors.

The mutant: What if we had something equivalent to the tank? The mutant would be a large mutated zombie whose arm bones have formed into blade and burst through the skin. It can use these bladed arms to slice people up and it can stab people through walls. That would take care of any camping in corners and it could use these blades to climb up any walls. Instead of having a long range attack like the tank, it could have the ability to move very fast when it is crouching but it wouldn't be able to attack while sprinting.

Those are really good ideas i wonder bout mine

Juggernaut aka Dreadful
It was large Man who was working on circus disguised in a monster with a skullmask covered in long black hairstyling the infection he was suffering from a hard headache that was actually cancer in head.the infection mutate his head and his black hair cover his whole head leaving only the mask to show off. his body color become (well he is muscular but not much like a tank) Grey while he scream like a deer that someone is pulling his horns and someone hits it with the back of a hammer

the mask is from a skull of a deer with long sharped horns
now his ability will make him the most dreadful boss infected than the witch and tank
Devouring
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #35
Krazk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Knight View Post
Lol. I hadn't found this thread until today. A lot of the ideas here are great, I especially like the Crawler's abilities to climb on ceilings and walls, it would add an interesting dynamic to gameplay. I posted an idea for a new Boss Infected (or utility infected) in the Left 4 Dead 2 XBox forum called the Dragon on the 5th of July. (See: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1975657) Now I come here to find that someone had beaten me to the punch. Oh well. Great minds think alike I guess.
While our ideas are alike, there are key differences. Mostly it's that mine is easier to deal with in terms of HP, looks more like the Spitter, and meant to be a normal SI, like the Hunter. Still your idea is pretty good, and would make a challenging Boss Infected.
Krazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
kizi

Thanks for giving me the useful information. I think I need it.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #37
lonedirewolf

I would like to see a special infected that could awaken and guide common infected by projecting a red spot-light like beam from its eyes. The survivors within the beam would rapidly become blinded and surrounded by common infected while other survivors could trace the light back to the source. I think the SI should be tall and slender and wear thick glasses.
lonedirewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #38
Japaneze Cheeze

Blade: Rebular zombie with katanas impaled in their arms. Can also climb buildings with swords. Strong attack: Impales the survivor by clothes with 1 sword. Using the other sword, he cuts the enemies repetitively.
Speed: Zombie dressed in Track Suit. Really quick hard to shoot. Runs and scratches survivor. Turns around after passed it and keepings doing this until dead.
Japaneze Cheeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead