Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
sketchblo

Some ideas, for a fresh new start.

Hello,

Well, this game isn't dead. A dead game means the developers aren't doing any more updates, Tripwire is currently busy with a lot of things we don't see. Do you know how hard it is to code a game, and then find the bugs and fix them? Plus, Tripwire always loved their customers! And they don't have a greedy publisher like EA!

Well, some minor updates would be nice, Share your ideas! The most request ones will be posted right here:
Quote:
In filters, we should be able to hide every servers containing bots
Oh, And I bet many things are to come! Just like in KillingFloor, what a wonderful game! We just need to give them some time, they aren't a huge team. (bf3 pc update took so many time.. did you see how big dice team is?) So don't blame With Tripewire, we're always talking about long term, and infinite numbers of updates.
Just give them a bit of time

Oh and could we have a beta sub-forum? Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
panzerlied

I think an RO2 Beta sub forum would be a great idea actually, but yeah people are just impatient when it comes to TWI, I've been playing their games since RO1 and all of its mods, along with Killing Floor as well. They are truly dedicated in supporting their games and I'll support them because they produce great quality games. People will have their opinions, but that's all they are, opinions. They may not agree, but for once I'd wish that if they didn't agree, they would make suggestions for improving the game instead of trolling.

I like the bot filter idea, and I think I read somewhere from Yoshiro that there was going to be a player count/bot count/total players type thing in the patch. So a server on Fallen Fighters would show up as 30/10/40 for 30 active players, 10 bots, and 40 total slots.

This idea goes back to when I played RO1, and it's a very small thing, as I already love playing RO2, but I would like to attach/detach my bayonets, or at most, select which attachment I want. Like with the MKB you're pretty much stuck with that tiny scope, and I don't really see the advantage with it. My two cents.
panzerlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
yamajin82

The bot filter has been put in the most recent beta version, very nice feature indeed.
yamajin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Poerisija

Let it die in peace. TWI and especially the community deserve nothing less.
Poerisija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
foocy.toocy

Bots should be removed all together. None care how much dumb AI you farmed like an mmorpg to get a silencer on your revolver or scope on your MKB.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
KnownUnknown

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by foocy.toocy View Post
Bots should be removed all together. None care how much dumb AI you farmed like an mmorpg to get a silencer on your revolver or scope on your MKB.
Agreed. Outside of the ten or so ultra-hardcore 24/7 players left playing the game, the only way everyone else can get upgrades is to farm bots. They should be removed from the game completely.
KnownUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
Destructor-2011

I'm giving hope to the TWI team, no like the deception of Crytek and EA...
Destructor-2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
Tig Ol Bitties

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchblo View Post
Hello,

Well, this game isn't dead. A dead game means the developers aren't doing any more updates, Tripwire is currently busy with a lot of things we don't see. Do you know how hard it is to code a game, and then find the bugs and fix them? Plus, Tripwire always loved their customers! And they don't have a greedy publisher like EA!

Well, some minor updates would be nice, Share your ideas! The most request ones will be posted right here:

Oh, And I bet many things are to come! Just like in KillingFloor, what a wonderful game! We just need to give them some time, they aren't a huge team. (bf3 pc update took so many time.. did you see how big dice team is?) So don't blame With Tripewire, we're always talking about long term, and infinite numbers of updates.
Just give them a bit of time

Oh and could we have a beta sub-forum? Thanks!!
I'm not trying to start an argument but your logic is bizarre.

TWI releases a game full of bugs and you justify their actions by pointing out the difficulty in identifying and fixing bugs. THEY CREATED THE BUGS with their poor design in the first place!

Also, maybe they should get a greedy publisher like EA! Do you think EA would release a game with this many critical bugs?

This game is so glitchy that it makes Homefront look like a technical masterpiece. The lack of official dedicated servers (2fjg clan and oldgitsarmy are the only real human player servers left) shows that this company is quite comfortable grabbing the money and running with the exception of some very late fixes almost a year after release.

I'm really surprised that more companies like TWI aren't the focus of consumer protection action by state and federal governments. I wonder if Hollywood could get away with selling movie disks that are missing major pieces of dialogue, screen skips on the second act and a third act that is not yet available for viewing because it's back in "beta" filming. HA HA HA!
Tig Ol Bitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
Mike Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig Ol Bitties View Post
You are not?? Then why post a disclaimer before you vent! Of course you are trying. VERY Trying.

Quote:
This game is so glitchy that it makes Homefront look like a technical masterpiece. The lack of official dedicated servers (2fjg clan and oldgitsarmy are the only real human player servers left) shows that this company is quite comfortable grabbing the money and running with the exception of some very late fixes almost a year after release.
Have you played the game lately?

Obviously, you have some sort of agenda. Many RO2 Servers are BOT free or BOT minimal so that when real players join the Bots disconnect.

Passing out insults and demeaning remarks are really counter-productive and serve no real purpose at all except to start arguments. If you have nothing nice to say - then say nothing at all because its all been said before.

An old adage:
'Tis better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt!
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
sketchblo

Quote:
Your username is bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poerisija View Post
Your mad? This game has so much potential. Negative gamers like you shouldn't even come on this forum.

Last edited by sketchblo: 04-10-2012 at 09:05 AM.
sketchblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
Landrovercrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poerisija View Post
If it is dead why are you here...

Seriously I dont watch TV shows I don't like, I don't eat foods I don't like AND I don't play/comment on games I don't like.

If you don't like it...

GO AWAY!
Landrovercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
Tig Ol Bitties

Banned
My God, the weirdos on this board surpass that of the average gaming forum on the internet.
Tig Ol Bitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
stinkytaco

Banned
Nothing a little vinegar and water cant fix.

Just give it some time, it will smell fresh soon enough.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
Mike Nomad

Quote:
My God, the weirdos on this board surpass that of the average gaming forum on the internet.
Yep! And your name says plenty about you.
Mike Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #15
Poerisija

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchblo View Post

Your mad? This game has so much potential. Negative gamers like you shouldn't even come on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrovercrazy View Post
If it is dead why are you here...

Seriously I dont watch TV shows I don't like, I don't eat foods I don't like AND I don't play/comment on games I don't like.

If you don't like it...

GO AWAY!

You might want to know I was a loyal supporter of TWI until they first blocked my account from their forums, as I explained on my other thread, and then when I created a new account to ask for help for my "bugged" (as I thought back then) account they just banned that one without any explanation whatsoever. Reason below:

I criticized their decision to make this so called "classic" mode instead of fixing the current realism mode. Nobody (according to the polls at least) wanted a OST-remake, but that's what we're getting and that's all that's going to get played. Thank the loud self-censoring community and blind-deaf developers who have can't decide what they want from their game.

When they stealth-ban loyal customers without giving any explanations as to WHY whatsoever (I never broke any rules) and refuse to answer all my emails, I now see that they don't want to hear any opinions opposing the classic mode. It will come, and it will overrule any current gamemodes.

This is why I changed my stance here, on my metacritic review (which btw was a 9 and THE MOST HELPFUL one, currently it's a 0) and I stopped recommending TWI products to any of my mates. If I can drive even a single person away from the game and from TWI, It's a win for me. More win if more people steer clear. TWI are ignorant and don't give second thoughts about showing the middle-finger to a loyal customer and supporter. I wish I could refund my DDE-RO2, Killing Floor and Ostfront. It pains me to see them in my steam list forever.
Poerisija is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad