Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue

Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #16
Zewnya

Aw. It still not unlocking.
Zewnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 AM   #17
Mivo

There's not been a patch so far, no. Still unchanged, and there hasn't been a word yet.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #18
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Hi. Sorry. There's been a thread on the forum for our other game, which is also having the same problem. Honestly, this is a mystery to all of us. Something about the recent Steam update didn't click right with the AGS engine and stopped the achievements from working. AGS isn't open source, so we aren't able to just dive into the engine code to sort out what's wrong.

Unfortunately this happened at the worst possible time, since we are crunching on our next project and we have very little time to work on it. No manpower either. Wadjet Eye is just made up of me and my wife! But we do know that this is a problem. We're talking with the AGS tech folks and trying to figure out what went wrong. Hopefully somebody will have an answer.

Last edited by WadjetEye: 04-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
Liderangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
Hi. Sorry. There's been a thread on the forum for our other game, which is also having the same problem. Honestly, this is a mystery to all of us. Something about the recent Steam update didn't click right with the AGS engine and stopped the achievements from working. AGS isn't open source, so we aren't able to just dive into the engine code to sort out what's wrong.

Unfortunately this happened at the worst possible time, since we are crunching on our next project and we have very little time to work on it. No manpower either. Wadjet Eye is just made up of me and my wife! But we do know that this is a problem. We're talking with the AGS tech folks and trying to figure out what went wrong. Hopefully somebody will have an answer.

Only 2 people? Wow, that's cool. The game is great and just made by 2?

I think that I saw an update from another indie game with this issue, in the patch notes they put "Updated to the last Steamworks SDK" (Toki Tori).
It has something to do with that?
Liderangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
Trajan330

The achievements didn't work for me either. Hope they get fixed soon, but I will gladly play again to get them.
Trajan330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
ScapulaRemix

Love the feel of the game. Some of the sprites overlap incorrectly and some of the actions feel unwarranted (i.e. you need to have a reason to talk to someone you don't know, but you don't need to have a reason for SHOOTING someone you don't know). Still a good game, especially for a company run by two people. Achievements not working for me either; Haven't decided if that's worth playing through it again.
ScapulaRemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #22
SiMMENS

So did they ever fix this?
SiMMENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #23
Mivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMMENS View Post
So did they ever fix this?
Sadly, no. I was surprised that it went on sale without the achievements having been fixed.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
dvdmonster

Too busy working on new projects to fix a major bug like this?
This is terrible.
Just played the game and don't get any achievements either.
I'm not buying anything from those guys again, thats for sure.
dvdmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #25
quantity

Quote:
Hi. Sorry.
Don't be. I've made a save-game on the end-screen and will wait for this bug-fix.
quantity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #26
ShowMeTheMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmonster View Post
Too busy working on new projects to fix a major bug like this?
This is terrible.
Just played the game and don't get any achievements either.
I'm not buying anything from those guys again, thats for sure.
HAHA. So achievements is all that matters to you? You realise this is a well crafted game already? Or do you have to have a game within a game for any enjoyment?

They've already explained. Steam broke it, they can't fix it because they don't own Adventure Game Studio. Simple.

On a lighter note... Just finished the game! Fantastic piece of work.
ShowMeTheMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #27
Pablopictures

Any solution?

In options> achievements are all unlocked ¿¿??
Pablopictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Hello again everyone!

So, update. We *think* we've got it fixed this time, but we are doing a bunch of tests to make sure it 100% works before uploading another fix (since we all remember how well that worked out last time).

Again, so sorry about this. As I said, the timing couldn't have been worse. Rest assured that we're on it and will get the fix up as soon as we know it works!

-Dave
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #29
Prince_Valiant

Quote:
Hello again everyone!

So, update. We *think* we've got it fixed this time, but we are doing a bunch of tests to make sure it 100% works before uploading another fix (since we all remember how well that worked out last time).

Again, so sorry about this. As I said, the timing couldn't have been worse. Rest assured that we're on it and will get the fix up as soon as we know it works!

-Dave
Great news! But I've bought your game recently during the Daily Deal and I can say you made a great work even without achievements. (Except the action scenes perhaps.) After this pleasant experience I really consider to buy the Blackwell legacy if I'm done with Risen 2.
Prince_Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
sepplordzeroOne

Quote:
Rest assured that we're on it and will get the fix up as soon as we know it works!
thanks for your tenacity in this! i'll enjoy playing through again your masterpiece with running achievements!
sepplordzeroOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue