Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Patricians series

Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
othoren

Fix: Bypass Login Patrician IV

Kalypso Login Screen
Login with your email and password isn't needed nor is it part of the DRM for steam users. So I don't see a reason we can't skip it each time.

There were some helpful posts on how to do it. But I thought I'd Put it in the new post and easy to find.

The game will not ask for a login if you do not have internet or appear to not have internet. So the fix is to Block it from internet. (You would most likely want to use the annoying login screen to patch the game before you apply this fix)

This will work for Windows Vista or Windows 7
If you have Anything else I suggest a 3rd party Firewall like Zone Alarm to do the same

1. Start menu search "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" if you just type "firewall" you'll see the advanced icon show up
(You must be in Advanced Security and not the regular firewall window)

2. To Block a program from accessing the internet setup a Rule in "Inbound Rules" and "Outbound Rules" By clicking on "New Rule" link on the right side. (remember to setup the rule in both categories inbound/outbound)

Patrician is located in: c:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\patrician iv\patrician4.exe

Block this exe from the internet and you'll no longer be asked to login every time you play the game.

Sorry Kalypso your login screen drives 99% of us crazy.

Last edited by othoren: 03-29-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
jerrylive365

TYVM for this. I too hate that login crap.
jerrylive365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
rtallmansu

Thank you!! I was going to be very jarateed about this purchase as Steam says nothing about aditional login or DRM requirments for this game, which would have been a deal breaker for me.
rtallmansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
rtallmansu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtallmansu View Post
Thank you!! I was going to be very jarateed about this purchase as Steam says nothing about aditional login or DRM requirments for this game, which would have been a deal breaker for me.
"jarateed"? Have no idea how spell check got that out of "jarateed"!?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
rtallmansu

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtallmansu View Post
"jarateed"? Have no idea how spell check got that out of "jarateed"!?
Wow, I gues I can't say P!SSED!!! Me and my big potty mouth.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
yzerman98

Didn't work for me, still asks for login. Too much bother to just play a game..... uninstalled.

Note to Kalypso; don't annoy your customers, you're now on my 'proceed carefully' when purchasing list.
yzerman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
Cohnman5

Talking log in is ok

Frankly the log in doesn't bother me at all. it is kind of quaint. it also means that the game will patch to the latest version once Steam releases it. Latest patch for Dynasty add-0n is 2.04. isn't the game the greatest?
Cohnman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
kaorimoch

You'll need to use

%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\patrician iv\Patrician4_addon.exe

If you are using the expansion as the program line.
kaorimoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
NefariousKoel

This bothered me to no end already, and I've only started it up three times.

I was gonna get angry if internet was required every time I started the game, but that doesn't seem to be the case. They should display an option to skip login, or turn it off unless requested, in the next one.
NefariousKoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #10
jerrylive365

LMAO @ you people.
Bothered by a quick, simple login? Get a grip on yourselves!!
Yes, I too am annoyed that there is yet another DRM in place to play a game, and I like the work around for the login thing but a "deal breaker"? "Too much bother...uninstalled"? SERIOUSLY??? Gimme a friggin break. Click ONE extra button in order to start playing and youre on your way.

Buncha whining babies is all I hear with this complaint. Cant even take you seriously with this one. IMHO it sounds to me like some people just want to b1tch about something.
jerrylive365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Redbullmass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrylive365 View Post
LMAO @ you people.
Bothered by a quick, simple login? Get a grip on yourselves!!
Yes, I too am annoyed that there is yet another DRM in place to play a game, and I like the work around for the login thing but a "deal breaker"? "Too much bother...uninstalled"? SERIOUSLY??? Gimme a friggin break. Click ONE extra button in order to start playing and youre on your way.

Buncha whining babies is all I hear with this complaint. Cant even take you seriously with this one. IMHO it sounds to me like some people just want to b1tch about something.
AMEN!
Redbullmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #12
AustoVonAdstar

I just got the game. And i hit the login screen. But it will not accept my email addy and steam password. calls it invalid. I have sent a help request. But i guess if the costomer service is similar to most others game companies i wil never get a reply.
AustoVonAdstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
chappa'ai

Bumping, because I forgot I had to add an inbound rule too
chappa'ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #14
theTak

Wow, thanks much! This also works like a champ for Tropico 4. Huzzah, more enjoyable all around!
theTak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Patricians series