Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Forsaken World

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Spikel

So before diving in to this game...

Before I waste a huge chunk of my life playing this game I'd like to hear some opinions on it. Is it any good? Original at all? Or is it just another F2P MMO grindfest? I normally avoid f2p mmos, but it was on Steam, and it's convenient, so...
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Erikose

Where to start.
To keep it brief, it offers nothing new, is not original in anyway and tries to hide grinding by dumping it into quests.

It is one of those games that fans will say gets better at X level when normal people would say 'LOL Skyrim is great the moment you start.' In short a lame argument to prop up a naff game.

The graphics are ok although the male Dwarf animation of sneezing and playing with his snot repeatedly is really f@£%*ng annoying and off putting.

Usual character classes, nothing new.
Usual hotkey skill arrrangement, nothing new.
Usual everything else. Different wrapper, same stale content.

Auto pathing to quest targets which is optional but still hard to resist.
Cash shop which is meh. Not as bad as say a Gpotato cash shop, but not great either.

On the whole its just ....ok. Its not crap and it is not mould breakingly great.

Download it, its free after all and see what you personally think. You might find it to be totaly mint.

Me, I am on a quest to find the one game that ditches the stale crud we are now being fed. All the games I have played each have had aspects that I have liked. If someone could combine them all it would be a winner.
Either that or make Morrowind a MMORPG
Erikose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Spikel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikose View Post
Where to start.
To keep it brief, it offers nothing new, is not original in anyway and tries to hide grinding by dumping it into quests.

It is one of those games that fans will say gets better at X level when normal people would say 'LOL Skyrim is great the moment you start.' In short a lame argument to prop up a naff game.

The graphics are ok although the male Dwarf animation of sneezing and playing with his snot repeatedly is really f@£%*ng annoying and off putting.

Cash shop which is meh. Not as bad as say a Gpotato cash shop, but not great either.

On the whole its just ....ok. Its not crap and it is not mould breakingly great.

Download it, its free after all and see what you personally think. You might find it to be totaly mint.

Me, I am on a quest to find the one game that ditches the stale crud we are now being fed. All the games I have played each have had aspects that I have liked. If someone could combine them all it would be a winner.
Ah the crux of a free MMO; grind grind grind. I'll probably give it a shot, but yeah I want to find that one game that's totally worth investing time into. Free time has been hard to come by so I want to make it worth it.

Thanks for your help!
Spikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
saelin_liquid

Quote:
Where to start.

My friends, that game is Guild Wars 2
saelin_liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Zyat

Quote:

I don't know... my friends and I found the male dwarfs constant urge to deep throat bananas a bit more disturbing and off putting than his nose mining operation. One other thing we found a little odd is that vampires are both a playable race AND a class within that race... that seems a little redundant.

Pretty spot on overall. Its a decent game, not great but not horrible. A couple of my friends love it, a couple hate it and I'm kind of in the middle. Offers nothing new but its worth a download just to try it at least.
Zyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
nwbasson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikel View Post
Ah the crux of a free MMO; grind grind grind. I'll probably give it a shot, but yeah I want to find that one game that's totally worth investing time into. Free time has been hard to come by so I want to make it worth it.

Thanks for your help!
Yep, prepare to grind. I never hit max level and I poured a lot of hours into this.
nwbasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
Spikel

Yeah this is pretty much what I expected... And yes I am pumped for Guild Wars 2
Spikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
DreamAddict

Wink

Quote:
Me, I am on a quest to find the one game that ditches the stale crud we are now being fed.
I know what you mean, very few MMO's attempt to be meaningfully different. You may find this one a breath of fresh air: http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay

It at least looks different but I won't know until I try it, worth keeping an eye on I think.
DreamAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
SalmonellaSam

Quote:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...croll-mmo.aspx
SalmonellaSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Forsaken World