Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Nynaeve Al Mere

CTD when checking General Stats?

Ok I have disabled all my mods except for Dahvokiin Retreat and Dahvokiin Hideout, and neither have been updated for a while. But I still CTD when I try to check my general stats. Any clue why? Help please?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
Nynaeve Al Mere

Is there no one to help me? I have verified my game cache as suggested, and still with no mods active I am CTD when I try to check general stats.
Nynaeve Al Mere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
MaintenanceMan

When did this start happening, after the recent patch?

Also I have read here and there that the two mods you listed in your OP "could" have been responsible for odd ctd's and lockups... I say could because those that said so at the time had also removed other mods as well, so you can't really point the bone at those two specific mods can you.

If you still have them installed I would try this...
Collect all your "must keep" items from the mods storage chests and store them in a standard home chest.. like Breezehome, then hard save the game while you are in that house.

Remove the mods and load from the hard save, wait 24 hrs x 3, save and exit.
Restart the game and load the new 3 day later hard save, then try going into the stats screen..

"Hopefully" you should be ok...

If not then I will slink off somewhere into the depths of a Falmur infested cave...
MaintenanceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Nynaeve Al Mere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaintenanceMan View Post
When did this start happening, after the recent patch?

Also I have read here and there that the two mods you listed in your OP "could" have been responsible for odd ctd's and lockups... I say could because those that said so at the time had also removed other mods as well, so you can't really point the bone at those two specific mods can you.

If you still have them installed I would try this...
Collect all your "must keep" items from the mods storage chests and store them in a standard home chest.. like Breezehome, then hard save the game while you are in that house.

Remove the mods and load from the hard save, wait 24 hrs x 3, save and exit.
Restart the game and load the new 3 day later hard save, then try going into the stats screen..

"Hopefully" you should be ok...

If not then I will slink off somewhere into the depths of a Falmur infested cave...
I disabled them and still CTD. Do I need to uninstall them? And TY for the reply..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
MaintenanceMan

No problems.. erm not sure if just disabling mods removes and restores changed files or not.. I think it would, otherwise they would still be loaded by the game if the files were still left in the data folder..

Ok look out Falmurs, here I come... can I bring my house carl with me? :P
MaintenanceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Nynaeve Al Mere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaintenanceMan View Post
No problems.. erm not sure if just disabling mods removes and restores changed files or not.. I think it would, otherwise they would still be loaded by the game if the files were still left in the data folder..

Ok look out Falmurs, here I come... can I bring my house carl with me? :P
L.O.L. Nah, you are fine. Yeah I tried that new mod 'unofficial skyrim patch' thought it may help, but it did not , tho it did seem to help other issues. Guess I can do with out the stats but I did really want to know why my buddy, whats his name? 'the unliving' sent goons out to kill me.........
Old 04-09-2012, 03:09 AM   #7
Crazy|6a3|er

Hey, Nynaeve AI Mere
You are not alone. When I want to check my stats,BOOM,CTD......
Is this bug or what?
Crazy|6a3|er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #8
Nynaeve Al Mere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy|6a3|er View Post
Hey, Nynaeve AI Mere
You are not alone. When I want to check my stats,BOOM,CTD......
Is this bug or what?
No clue . I have tried everything, disabled all mods, verified cache, started from several pevious saves, added unofficial skyrim patch, nothing has helped.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
Jela'n

You probably did, but just to be sure, did you put the
unofficial patch right at the top of the load order?

Ah just read the post's again, you have removed all mod's.
Just ignore my comment, been drinking too much red wine..

Last edited by Jela'n: 04-09-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Jela'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #10
Nynaeve Al Mere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jela'n View Post
You probably did, but just to be sure, did you put the
unofficial patch right at the top of the load order?

Ah just read the post's again, you have removed all mod's.
Just ignore my comment, been drinking too much red wine..
L.O.L. no worries, its all good.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
unserene

I've had this before when a mod would permanently corrupt a game save so it would crash on the stat screen without that particular mod loaded. You may want to double check on all the mods you've uninstalled.

Last edited by unserene: 04-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.
unserene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
superboyofmeat

When you uninstall all your mods, make a new save game. Quit game and reload that save game. It may fix any corruption caused by a mod. Otherwise, start trying much earlier saves, also without mods, to see if the problem is persistant throughout all saves.
superboyofmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
Knowone39

Are you using the 360 controller? I had the same problem, and it's def a mod. I found that reinstalling, and starting a new game is the only way to get around it. My save game lvl 60 still does it, but my new game lvl 8 doesn't. It sucks, but it is something that is possible to live with. Just don't check your stats.
Knowone39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Nynaeve Al Mere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowone39 View Post
Are you using the 360 controller? I had the same problem, and it's def a mod. I found that reinstalling, and starting a new game is the only way to get around it. My save game lvl 60 still does it, but my new game lvl 8 doesn't. It sucks, but it is something that is possible to live with. Just don't check your stats.
Ty knowone. Yes I had uninstalled all mods and it still did it so I am guessing it corrupted my game, whichever one it was. (did you figure out which mod it was?) And yes I can live without checking my stats, because I really don't want to start over at lvl 35

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V