Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Penny Arcade Adventures

Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Komodo133

Game Won't Let Me Play

i'm having a problom running "Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One" i can open the program but on the menu when i click on "play game" the screen flickers black for a moment, and then returns back to whatever i was doing, and there is no visual indication that the game is running but it does show up in the processes on task manager. and whats realy weird is that i can hear the intro playing from my speakers and the narrator talking as if i was playing the game! the demo, and "Episode Two" work fine though. i have tried verifing the game cach,starting the game with the -window launch command, defragmenting, reinstalling the game, restarting steam, and restarting my computer. none of these things worked. if anyone has a solution to my problom then i would be very greatful.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Goobacks

I'm having a similar problem on Mac OS X. I click play, the little Steam preparing launch box pops up and then closes and nothing happens.

EDIT: Restarting the Steam client fixed the issue.

Last edited by Goobacks: 07-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Komodo133

I sent a message to support@hotheadgames​.com but they haven't responded to me yet.
so if anyone on these forums can help i would greatly apreciate it, becouse i don't know when or if they will respond to me.
Komodo133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Komodo133

Bump.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Komodo133

I've been trying to play this game on a weekly basis, hoping and praying that the problom would resolve itself. and loe and behold! it did just tried it last night, and it went up and running like it should normaly.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
DavidSottoMayor

game loads and i click read the eula, but it just flicks and won't open anything or unlock "i have read" option
DavidSottoMayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Goem

Ive had this problem too, and its been a problem since the game first came out for many people and hasnt been addressed yet
Goem is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Penny Arcade Adventures