Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
SephirothUK

Hiver Gates in System Help!

Was just playing it and wondered how to get rid of enemy gates in my system. I have fleets in the system and even tried patrolling but ending turn does nothing. We just leave an enemy gate in the system there. Seem like a slight tactical disadvantage to me ^^. We are at war I should say!

With thanks,

Seph

(edit: i also have noticed the symbol for a hiver gate stays underneath a system even when destroyed however the system above still has one)

Last edited by SephirothUK: 04-09-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Kissamies

Yeah, that's most annoying current bug for me at the moment. Stations don't trigger combat and it seems that you can't always colonise a system when there's still enemy stations there, so it's not a problem with just Hivers either. I do my best to wipe them out when I do have combat in that system, but I don't always manage.
Kissamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
agent.nihilist

Currently sending a patrol mission lets you engage hiver gates. Don't know if this is intended behavior or not.
agent.nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
SephirothUK

I already tried patrolling with the fleet that was already in the system. I may try later again.
SephirothUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
Daylos

lol this is perhaps a "ghost gate" mean this hiver-race who place it is all ready destroyed by are ather race (not yours) but till now you don't get informations when a race is terminatet ...and this gate are still there but not to see not to fight against...sometimes you can handel this with a fleet near by the gate and when a combat screen open use automatic combat that sometimes the fleet attact this gate...sometimes not...i tell on ather threads this game is still in early beta not realy playabel ..ather possibility NOT use Hiverraces as opponet in your game than you will not have problems with that...
Daylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
SephirothUK

Shame im 194 turns in eh. Yeah ty for help patrol doesnt work so im stuck atm. Not too bad anyway sincei keep a fleet in that system incase. They really do need to fix all these issues. They have had plenty time and im shocked a company gets away with this. Payed 30 pound for a game that i could buy now for under 10 pound. Its stupid. Ty for help,

Seph
Old 04-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
SephirothUK

WTF: Locust Swarmers

One of my systems with 2 planets got attacked by 1 swarmer and it wiped out everything. I even sent a battle fleet and it was wiped out before they really reached the hive. What the hell? How on earth can you take these on? Please help i really need it for this.

Seph

(edit: its just attacked my home system fml)

Last edited by SephirothUK: 04-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection