Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded

Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Ashesfall83

Banned
1.05 changes?

wow new day new patch 15,7mb
how is the changelog?

EDIT: first trys:
1. Normal MP = empty room
2. Custom MP = RRU.exe fatal error
3. all empty

i test it later again its to new

Last edited by Ashesfall83: 04-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
rattus

Well, I just went to "Create my cities" and found all the unfinished ones I was messing with when I was wondering why "Save" didn't work, so that may be fixed.

Still cannot invite steam friends to custom Domination matches, though
rattus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Ashesfall83

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattus View Post
Well, I just went to "Create my cities" and found all the unfinished ones I was messing with when I was wondering why "Save" didn't work, so that may be fixed.

Still cannot invite steam friends to custom Domination matches, though
oh yeah thats cool i get my lost cities back
Ashesfall83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Doc_H

its a steamworks game and no news announcements in steam... i cant understand that...
Doc_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #5
Jet Black

The track I made in 1.04 has returned, but the game crashes if I try to race that track in the same session as editing it: edit the track, go to race it (RRU.exe stops working), start the game up again, and go directly to race, it works.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
fredizzimo

The list of changes that I posted earlier was for patch 1.05 and not 1.04. So here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredizzimo View Post
Here is a list of the most important fixes

The editor saving have been fixed
The overblooming on some systems have been fixed.
UnPNP have been disabled, a possible fix for crashing during connect
A couple of mulitplayer fixes. We know of a few more bugs, but fixes for those didn't make it to this patch.

No major controller fixes made it to this patch, as most of our developers are taking a few days off.
Fred from Bugbear
fredizzimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
BS24

since patch i now have lower fps and the lighting issue when i didn't before, online play is still broken. Not great

edit: just made a map and couldn't publish because the servers were down, and the game hasn't saved it...

Last edited by BS24: 04-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.
BS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
SUICIDAL

Tell your friends not to buy this game. They can't fix it.

Last edited by SUICIDAL: 04-11-2012 at 11:59 AM.
SUICIDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
fredizzimo

There will be some quite big multiplayer fixes in the next patch, out tomorrow or on Friday
fredizzimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
Traumatica

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredizzimo View Post
There will be some quite big multiplayer fixes in the next patch, out tomorrow or on Friday
You are trying hard, man. I'm sorry that you have to answer all these angry forum posts because of the subpar job your devs brought to light on this one.

What the hell happened with you, bugbear? Flatout was pretty fun, and Flatout 2 was just awesome. Then you rehash Flatout 2 into Flatout Carnage for consoles which is one thing, but then releasing it for PC with that abominable Games for Windows Live crap on top for full price? What a ty attitude that was. Now this fiasco.

Sorry man, but it seems your companys days are numbered. This kind of botch-job does not get forgotten in the pc world and you know it. I see it already: your next game (if there is one) is going to be console exclusive and you will blame pc piracy instead of your crappy port.

It's nice enough that you try, but can you fix this? I'm sorry to be this blunt but you (as a company, not as a person) deserve all the hate you get for this.
Traumatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
SUICIDAL

Fred is currently the only scapegoat we have to actually discuss the game with. He's also the only guy we can yell at, lol. I bet he's seen better days. With each patch Fred gets his hopes up, hoping that the next patch will magically make all the problems go away. I can only imagine that he is getting tired of crossing his fingers. He needs to go out and get himself loaded is what he really needs to do.

With every bug fix another bug arises. This is common issue with alot of games patches that are rush jobs. For starters there are tens of thousands of players out there that are completely out of patience and want results right away. The guys trying to fix the game are making the mistake of rushing and even Fred has offered us estimated delivery dates for when the next patch update can be expected. If they rush trying to fix the game, they will risk making more mistakes resulting in new bugs. With any new patch changes they make, they need to take more time to test everything thoroughly. Don't give us another estimated date for when the next patch will be ready. Just take your time and make sure to test everything extremely thoroughly.
SUICIDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
RoyalMonaco76

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumatica View Post
You are trying hard, man. I'm sorry that you have to answer all these angry forum posts because of the subpar job your devs brought to light on this one.

What the hell happened with you, bugbear? Flatout was pretty fun, and Flatout 2 was just awesome. Then you rehash Flatout 2 into Flatout Carnage for consoles which is one thing, but then releasing it for PC with that abominable Games for Windows Live crap on top for full price? What a ty attitude that was. Now this fiasco.

Sorry man, but it seems your companys days are numbered. This kind of botch-job does not get forgotten in the pc world and you know it. I see it already: your next game (if there is one) is going to be console exclusive and you will blame pc piracy instead of your crappy port.

It's nice enough that you try, but can you fix this? I'm sorry to be this blunt but you (as a company, not as a person) deserve all the hate you get for this.
Wow, you're a prick. You probably just single-handedly made him leave the forum. And seriously? FO:UC bad just because of GFWL? LOLWOW. Bugbear is still the best,and the fact you blame all this on them just proves how stupid you are. It's Namco's fault.

Last edited by RoyalMonaco76: 05-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.
RoyalMonaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #13
RoyalMonaco76

Banned
Because that guy is a complete shiitbrained prick.

Last edited by RoyalMonaco76: 05-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.
RoyalMonaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
stoo

We don't know who was really responsible for releasing before it was done. We're just ASSUMING it's the publisher's fault because it usually is.

I know BugBear are a fairly small studio, so getting fixes out while also working on DLC etc. not to mention future game projects (as I'm sure they are) is probably stretching them a bit.

Still, let's give them the benefit of the doubt. They made great games when they didn't have a big established brand behind them, so I still have faith.
stoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded