Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series

Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Paradox__rep

Paradox
Some info on Gold HD

Just to clear up a few question marks about Gold HD:
  • Majesty Gold HD supports all DirectX version from 8.1 and up.
  • It supports 64-bit machines.
  • It does contain Northern Expansion, but it is just one executable now.
  • When running in Windowed mode (-w), under Windows 7, you may see a message that the color scheme has changed. This is normal, Microsoft's DirectDraw API is not compatible with Windows Aero and it is automatically disabled by the operating system while a DirectDraw application is running.

And for those of you who are having rendering troubles and has ATI cards, you can try this:
  • Start up the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
  • Open the Gaming tab.
  • Click on 3D Application Settings.
  • In the Catalyst A.I. Box, check Disable Catalyst A.I.
  • Press Apply.

Run the game and see if the graphics are now rendering correctly.

You can save the Catalyst settings as an application specific option by pressing the Save button at the top of the 3D Application Settings, while << New Application >> is selected, then search for the MajX.exe in the Steam install folder.

Once it is saved, you can turn the Catalyst A.I. Back on, and press Apply, but do not press Save, you don't want to overwrite the MajX application settings. Just to make sure, you should take a look at the Application Profiles section and double check that MajX.exe still says the Catalyst A.I. Is disabled.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
dmlayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox__rep View Post
You can save the Catalyst settings as an application specific option by pressing the Save button at the top of the 3D Application Settings, while << New Application >> is selected, then search for the MajX.exe in the Steam install folder.
Thx for the info! Did you mean the MajestyHD.exe? As far as I know, only the original gold edition has MajX.exe, and the HD version uses MajestyHD.exe.
dmlayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
palidinsalim

What about Nvidia cards? Any idea how it'd work with those?
palidinsalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
agentghost

Thanks Op. you should sticky this. My black screen problem is now gone Use MajestyHD.exe instead
agentghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
palidinsalim

Still doesn't work for me unfortunately. The original works like a charm and other than expanded interface and a couple extra quests (on that note when I did try to make it work where the heck are they on the map????) the MajestyGoldHD isn't a huge upgrade. It'd be a huge upgrade if it was moddable, which it isnt.
palidinsalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
juanjavaloyes

There's a deal at Amazon. I've never played any Majesty game... should I go for it or wait for a Steam sale on the HD version? I'm running Win 7 64. I know is cheap enough on Amazon, but I don't want to have multiple copies of games in case the Amazon version runs bad or something.
juanjavaloyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
ShadowThief

I'd buy it from Amazon. The HD version seems unplayable for a good portion of us (myself included) and there hasn't been any more info on a fix since the OP. I own the original Majesty Gold and can get it to work just fine minus the intro movies.
ShadowThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
Cyberlore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowThief View Post
I'd buy it from Amazon. The HD version seems unplayable for a good portion of us (myself included) and there hasn't been any more info on a fix since the OP. I own the original Majesty Gold and can get it to work just fine minus the intro movies.
We have only seen this problem on ATI cards (fix here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...creen-issue%29). We tested Majesty Gold HD on many machines (including a testing service) and we have not been able to track down a machine with the problem you are having. So please send me your machine specs and a complete description of the problem and we will look into it.
Cyberlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
juanjavaloyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowThief View Post
Thanks! I bought it from Amazon, not mostly because the incompatibility (I use nVidia), but because it can take forever for steam to make a new sale on that game... and when it comes, and if I like my $1 version, just decided I'll just go with it again
juanjavaloyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Majesty series