Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Sam43
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 105
Posts: 1,019
Will LOD bias changer for my video card get me vac banned?

http://www.mpgh.net/forum/368-call-d...-lod-bias.html

I am not planning to do this on a cod game(which is what is used as an example). I am interested to setting it to a positive value on tf2 (since the console cmd for this was removed.)

The only thing that concerns me is that i found this on a hacker forum which worries me about vac.

if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated.
Sam43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Silicon Vampire
 
Silicon Vampire's Avatar
 
Volunteer Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2003
Reputation: 3942
Posts: 17,602
"Use at your own risk"...is about the most accurate answer you will get.

__________________
Nothing to see here
Silicon Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Sam43
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 105
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
"Use at your own risk"...is about the most accurate answer you will get.
really? it seems like its just a plugin for my drivers. I wish i could know for sure i wont get banned for it. I really like making my games look like quake 1.

Does anyone use something similar to this that could tell me?
Sam43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Smile286
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 147
Posts: 1,642
No. I play COD and TF2 with 15 LOD Bias and everything is fine. It's not a plugin, it's driver setting like AA or AS... You cann't be banned by VAC using this.
Smile286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
Ettanin
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 115
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam43 View Post
if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreciated.
The fact alone that it is originating from a cheater website should be deterrent enough against using.
Ettanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Sam43
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 105
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile286 View Post
No. I play COD and TF2 with 15 LOD Bias and everything is fine. It's not a plugin, it's driver setting like AA or AS... You cann't be banned by VAC using this.
Thanks for the answer. Did you use this program or a similar one or is it on your driver files? i had to dl a file to make mine work.

Are you simply saying that since its a driver plugin and not a .dll or modified game.exe for my steamapps folder that i will not be banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettanin View Post
The fact alone that it is originating from a cheater website should be deterrent enough against using.
I was googling how to change lod bias, not browsing a cheat website lmao. noticed it was a shady hack website afterwards

Last edited by Sam43: 04-12-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Sam43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
BulletMagnet
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Reputation: 89
Posts: 554
Personally, I'd steer clear of anything from a hack site. Sure the program itself may be legit, but it may have been altered to have any kind of malware, keyboard loggers, etc because the people that do that are the same bags who populate hack sites.
BulletMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
Smile286
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 147
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam43 View Post
Thanks for the answer. Did you use this program or a similar one or is it on your driver files? i had to dl a file to make mine work.

Are you simply saying that since its a driver plugin and not a .dll or modified game.exe for my steamapps folder that i will not be banned?



I was googling how to change lod bias, not browsing a cheat website lmao. noticed it was a shady hack website afterwards
Yep, I used old version of nVidia inspector.
Changing LOD bias in this programs will trigger changes in nvdrsdb0.bin (or something like that), file located in %WIN_PATH%/System32 (default C:\WINDOWS\system32).
Just to note: chaning Antialising setting or other driver setting will also changes that file.

IT IS NOT A PLUGIN!

And it's not modifiying game's .exe or .dll or whatever.
Do not worry about VAC, it's safe to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletMagnet View Post
Personally, I'd steer clear of anything from a hack site. Sure the program itself may be legit, but it may have been altered to have any kind of malware, keyboard loggers, etc because the people that do that are the same bags who populate hack sites.
nVidia Inspector is legit program.
Smile286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.